Ch 9: The War Ahead Of Us

Tali and Lily rush into Lazarus's personal quarters. Attor is still blocking off the balcony.

"Where is.." Lazarus begins to speak. He's cut off by seven men crashing through the door.

"They're right here." Lily's soft voice answers. Before me are Lazarus's warriors and his ranked members. Tatsuya, Tanwen, Cadmus, Skarlax, Draugh, Krin, Rhox are standing disheveled in front of me.

"Tatsuya is my 'Beta'. He's my second in command. Tanwen is his twin and is my Gamma. He's my third in command. Cadmus, Skarlax, Draugh, Krin, and Rhox are my warriors." Lazarus introduces each one with their titles.

"What do you mean by second and third in command?" I question.

"If something were to happen to me; Tatsuya is next in charge." He explains. His explanation has my heart feeling as if it's being squeezed by an invisible hand.

"They're trying to invade the main floor. They haven't been able to break through the warriors down below. But it's just a matter of time before they do break through." Tatsuya quickly rushes out. "Nice to see you again, my future Queen." He softly says as he acknowledges my presence as he bows before me.

"We need a plan." Tali breaks through the several chatter going around.

"You three need to go to the library and hide in the secret place Father put in here in case an event like this would happen." Lazarus's voice is raw and harsh as he speaks to his sisters.

"Like Hell we will." Lily rebels against Lazarus's order.

"The fuck you won't!" Lazarus growls out in rage. His stormy grey eyes have now clouded over with a red hue. Showing that he's furious and his demon side is ready to explode.

"I don't care what you say Lazarus. We aren't going into that hidden room. You'll need us and we're going to be there." Tali counters with her own anger.

"Ember needs to be in the room. She can't stay in there by herself. Plus, if something was to happen to you or Lily, dad and mom would annihilate me." Lazarus's voice is lower as he lets out a huff of air.

"Who says Ember will want to stay in that room anyways. You know damn well mates can't be away from each other during a war. Rather you like it or not—- Ember won't go in that room." Lily counters again. Lazarus's eyes begin to fully turn red. His canines begin to grow.

"Sorry to break up this quarrel between everyone but were needed down on the grounds." Tatsuya speaks up loud and clear.

'We're mates so you'll be able to speak to me.' Lazarus's voice echoes in my head.

"What!" I yell out in horror or shock.

'Think like our brains are linked by an invisible chain. You'll be able to call for me. Even if you're miles away.' Lazarus speaks yet again in my head.

'Hi. Did it work?' I question like an airhead.

'Hi.' Lazarus chuckles in my head.

'You'll be able to talk to anyone from my Demon Lords. You can do this because again, we are mates.' Lazarus explains. I nod my head to show I understand. I watch as Tatsuya opens up the closet in the main room of Lazarus. The closet is empty as I stare from behind him. I watch as he places his right palm against the back of the wall. The back wall begins to rattle and soon it slides up. A bright red light turns on in the mysterious room. Before my eyes is a room full of demon weapons. From a bident, double edge Stygian iron blade that's etched with silver, Lava Bows, Crossbows, Talismans, Rapiers, Falchions, Uchigatanas, and several other weapons. The very back corner are weapons meant for an Angel. It has Angel Blades, Swords that gleam in the light, Angel Sword, and lastly a Crossbow made from Angel feathers for protection.

"Ember, grab your weapons. Strap them in your outfit." Lazarus's voice comes from behind me. I quickly strap my Angel blades to my thighs. I place both swords along my back and toss my crossbow over my right shoulder. I hurry to exit the room so everyone else can grab ahold of their own belongings. I watch as Lazarus comes out with nothing but his father's weapons. Soon, everyone else follows behind.

'One last thing for you to carry Ember. Under the couch cushion is a box. Grab it and carry it in your hands.' Lazarus informs me. I do as he says and grab the small box from under the cushion. Upon opening it, I realize it's a gun.

'That gun will kill any creature known to mankind. Carry it for your protection.' He instructs. I nod my head and head towards the front door.

"When we get to the ground floor; we'll split up in two teams. Ember, Tali, Lily, Krin, and Rhlox will be with me. The rest of you will be the second team. When we hit the bottom stair, we split up into our teams. Everyone is to have each other's backs. Lily and Tali please don't do anything reckless. Father will behead me if something happens to you. Let's go." Lazarus orders everyone. As I begin to follow behind Lily, a rough hand stops me.

"Ember, be careful and stay by my side." Lazarus tells me in a weaker voice. I nod my head and turn back around to begin to follow everyone else. Lazarus again turns me around and instead of saying a word, his lips come crashing down to my own. It felt like a dragon had exploded within my skull. Quickly he backs away as a smile dances on both our faces.

"Tunc te amavi et adhuc facio. Mors mihi eris ima dies." Lazarus whispers out as he walks around me.

(I loved you then and I still do. You will be the death of me one day.)

I follow in step with him as he falls behind his team. Tatsuya pushes open the stairwell door with so much force that hit bangs off the wall. We start our descend to ground floor. Lazarus is in front of me with Krin and Rhlox following right behind Lily, Tali, and I as if they're protecting our back sides. As we make it to the ground floor, we can hear commotion coming from behind the door.

"It's play time." Tatsuya says with a sinister grin.

"Be careful out there." Lazarus's deep voice echoes around us. I watch as Cadmus kicks open the door with so much force the door flies off its hinges and crashes into a body in the narrow hall. With ease and complete craziness, Cadmus walks through the doorway and into the chaotic hallway. Soon, everyone else follows suit.

"Prince, they're coming from the main door!" A smaller demon says as he collides with Lazarus's body.

Who is they?

And what do they want?

They're causing so much chaos over what?