★ { Corina } So Far Away

Client: Maleesha_M

Reviewer: Lady-of-ink

"So far away" by Maleesha_M tells the love story between Scarlet and Pathum who meet on Wattpad.

I like the cover. It makes me think of romance, although the quality isn't great, but that could be because of Wattpad.

About the description, now. There is an emoji in the blurb, making it look unprofessional. I suggest removing it. "His cute facial features" sounds a bit... off. "His cute face" I think is a bit better. Or "his good looks". Also, instead of "better reaction" it should be "good reaction". You should separate the sentences, especially in the last paragraph. There are also a couple of commas missing.

The title is really good. It makes me think of falling in love with someone far away. The title also tells the readers about one of the major problems this couple will have: the distance between them.

The idea of the story is something that has been done so many times. Two strangers are meeting online and falling in love. However, choosing Wattpad to be the platform where they meet gives the book something unique. I liked that decision.

I've noticed that we have Scarlet's point of view in the first chapter, and then Pathum's in the next. The author also writes in first person, which is something that has become very popular. However, I think it would be better if the story was written in the third person. It makes things a little less confusing in certain situations.

I liked the characters, although I haven't been able to get a read on them yet. I feel there were a bit too many characters introduced in Pathum's first chapter. There were so many classmates. I lost count of them.

I also feel there is a bit of info dumping. Pathum says a thousand times that his friends aren't that bad and that he has to adapt to a new culture to make friends now. It was getting annoying at a certain point. Also, I feel he is wrong. He should adapt to another culture to have friends. Culture has almost nothing to do with making friends. I have friends from Germany, England, and even Turkey, and we never had that problem.

Again, the use of emojis makes the book look unprofessional. I suggest removing the emojis as there is no need for them in the story. The characters' feelings should be presented to readers through words, not emojis.

There are a few grammatical mistakes. I noticed the author uses "inorder" when the correct term is "in order", and sometimes "I" wasn't capitalized. Some paragraphs are also too long, and that makes them hard to read.

Overall, the story is interesting and has a lot of potential, but there is room from improvement.