11. Keefe's POV

Sophie and Keefe decided that they would go home and get some rest before starting any experimentation on Keefe's new power. That was fine with Keefe. The less he had to use his ability, the better.

Before Keefe could raise his home crystal above his head, Sophie grabbed his arm and asked him, "You wanna come over to Havenfield? Grady and Edaline are staying here for a while, and we could sit under Calla's Panakes tree and play with the alicorn twins."

"Yeah." Keefe replied, a smile spreading across his face. "That sounds nice."

Before Sophie could overthink the words he's just said, Keefe grabbed the hand holding her home crystal and held it up to the light.

When Havenfield glittered into view, Keefe told Sophie, "I had the feeling someone was watching us." He looked pointedly at her, pretending to be annoyed.

He wasn't.

Sophie blushed. "Sorry about them."

"It's fine, Sophie. And before you start thinking about what I said before we left, I meant it in the 'I'm very excited to do this with my amazing, beautiful girlfriend' way rather than the 'As long as we're anywhere but here I don't care' way." He said it in a teasing way, but he meant every word.

He might have imagined it, but he may have seen a tiny blush rise to Sophie's cheeks, almost like she knew he wasn't teasing but was trying to hide it. Keefe gathered up his courage and stepped a tiny bit closer.

"I-um-do you wanna go sit under the Panakes now?" was Sophie's response.

Keefe smiled and said, "Absolutely."

They walked to the Panakes, still hand in hand. When they got there, they sat down so close to each other that their shoulders were touching. Keefe felt sparks where her shoulder was touching his, and Sophie's emotions told him that she was feeling the same thing.

Sophie looked at him and asked, "So, you know how earlier I said we were 'together?'" She waited for his nod, then continued. "We are, right? Together, I mean. We didn't talk about if we wanted to be public or secretive or whatever before we got interrupted last night."

"What do you want, Foster?" Keefe knew his answer to her question, but he needed to hear hers.

"I-I wanna be together. I'm ready."

Keefe's smile grew as large as possible.

"I wanna be together too, Lady Fos Boss. Glad we're on the same page."

With that, Keefe leaned down and closed his eyes. He went slow, giving Sophie a choice.

She closed her eyes as well.

She tilted her head up, and right as their lips were about to touch, when there was just a sliver of space left...

"Nope!" said a figure walking angrily towards them.

Keefe groaned.

Edaline rushed behind her husband, asking him to stop.

Grady looked ready to blow.

Gah!!! This one hurt to write. Grady had to interrupt it. But I love the prospect of a Grady Dad Talk, and so here we are.