12. Sophie's POV

Sophie was just about ready to shrivel up and die inside.

"Daaadddddddd," she said, intentionally calling her adoptive father by his rarely used title.

"Nope, that's not gonna work. Were you two about to-"

"No, we were just playing make believe." Keefe said with as much sarcasm as Sophie had ever heard in his voice.

I'm so sorry. Sophie transmitted to him. Let me talk to him.

"Why Grady? Why?" Sophie asked.

"Seriously. You were about to kiss That Boy and you're asking me what I'm doing?" Grady sighed angrily. "Really, truly, I don't care if you two date. Keep me out of it and I'm fine. But I need to talk to Keefe first."

Sophie looked to Edaline for help, but all Edaline did was shrug.

"5 minutes, Grady. You have 5 minutes." was her answer.

"We'll be done in 4." Grady replies, grabbing Keefe's arm and dragging him towards the gorgadon enclosure.

I'm really sorry, Sophie transmitted to Keefe again.

It's ok, Foster. He thought back. I'll get through it. Probably. Right? Then, giving them privacy, Sophie severed their mental connection.

Hi! Sorry this one was so short. I'm updating twice today to make up for it. I really just wanted to be able to see Sophie's embarrassment about the Grady Dad Talk.