Chapter 5 - One Deep Shithole

Quin wakes up with a pounding headache. He remembers all too much of last night. He lets out a sigh as he throws on a pair of presentable clothes and heads downstairs.

"Pour me a strong one," Quin sits down at the bar. Husker doesn't speak as he makes him a drink. Quin takes a big swig, almost finishing the glass in one drink. 

"Wow, what's got you so worked up?" Husker asks. Quin just looks at him, daggers shooting from his eyes.

"Nothin," Quin finishes his drink. "Make me another one," he pauses. "Please."

"Oh wow, so you do have common decency?" Husker says as he turns around to make him another drink.

"Don't start with that shit. Today is not the day," Quin basically growls at Husker. 

"Hostile, much?" Husker remarks.

"You know what, no. I'm not dealing with this," Quin gets up, grabbing the glass from Husker and drinking all of it before walking away. "I'm going out," Quin snaps as he grabs his coat and walks out the door. Fuck me. I just wanted a drink before going to this goddamn show. 

...

He arrives at Velvette's studio. As he begins to get ready for the show, he sees Valentino, and he's clearly in a pissy mood. He start slamming shit, breaking a bunch of stuff. He even tears into one of his fellow coworkers. Oh fuck, I need to lay low. Can't piss Val off anymore than he already is. As he continues to work on getting ready, he hears that one dreaded word.

"Slutbunny!"

Oh no.

"Get your ass over here, right now!" Valentino commands, and he obeys. "Do you know why that little whore walked out on me? On ME??" 

Quin just shook his head no with an expression of confusion on his face. 

Valentino grabs him by the straps of his dress. "You better not be lying to me, you ungrateful-"

Velvette cuts Valentino off. "Do NOT tear into another one of my models, Val! You already fucked up one ungrateful bitch. I need this one to be able to do his job."

"But-" Valentino tries to talk but is again cut off by Velvette. 

"I said no. Now, go into your room and smoke a little bit, okay Val? I'll get Vox over as soon as possible," Velvette's look is stern, but also comforting in a sense. 

"Okayyyy," Valentino drags the word out as he essentially pouts. He reluctantly goes up the stairs into his room. 

Quin honestly feels relieved and thankful. If Velvette didn't step in, he may've lost his shit. Actually, no, he wouldn't have. He's too afraid of the repercussions. But nonetheless, he's thankful to Velvette. He smiles at her.

"Don't misunderstand this, rabbit. I only did this because I know you'd be a fucking train wreck if I didn't intervene," Velvette words are cold. The small bit of hope Quin had was crushed. How fucking naive of me.  

Velvette makes a phone call, most likely to Vox. While she's busy, Quin looks at his phone. There's a bunch of messages from Ari. 

Heyyyyyyy bitch, you wanna hang out later? - Yesterday, 5:03pm

There's still time, if you wanna come along. - Yesterday, 7:24pm

Hey, the boys miss you~ - Today, 3:02am

You okay? - Today, 10:56am

Quin? - Today, 2:29pm

Dude? - Today, 4:07pm

He lets out a sigh. He still can't bring himself to tell her what's going on.

Sorry, had a crazy few nights. I'm not really feeling up to hanging out tonight, but maybe tomorrow? - Sent just now

He finally gives Ari a reply. He quickly puts his phone away before Velvette is done with her call to avoid any, issues. 

Not long after Velvette's call is over, Vox shows up. Him and Velvette are talking, but Quin doesn't bother to pay any attention to their conversation. Velvette picks the outfit he'll be wearing tonight. It's a pink dress that's honestly cute as fuck. A big perk of the job is that Quin gets to look sexy as shit without having to pay money out the ass. He doesn't get to keep the outfit, obviously, but he still enjoys going out on the stage and strutting his stuff. Vox heads upstairs to go calm down Valentino. 

Quin mentally prepares himself for the show. He takes a deep breath before he goes out onto the stage. He clears his mind. I can do this. 

...

After the show, he dips out of there as fast as possible. As he's walking down the road, he hears Vox going on about something in a news broadcast. Something about someone being a loser and a fossil. He sounds very angry, like he's had a grudge against this guy for years or something. Quin doesn't pay much attention to it, until suddenly he hears a broadcast over the radio. The voice sounds incredibly familiar. Wait, is that, Alastor? Is that who Vox was talking about? Alastor and Vox go back and forth for a while with Alastor lowkey kicking his ass. Suddenly, the power goes out. 

"Let's begin. I'm gonna make you wish that I'd stayed gone, tune on in," Alastor sounds so much more demonic that Quin had ever heard before. Wait one goddamned minute.

"When I'm done, you're status quo will know it's race is run. Oh this will be fun," Alastor laughs manically. Is he- is he the motherfucking radio demon? How the hell did I not notice sooner? Shit! And I made a deal with him? Fuck me. Quin puts his hand on his face and starts laughing. I've dug myself into one deep shithole, haven't I?

As he makes his way back to the hotel, the power comes back on. As he walks into the hotel, it's empty aside from Husker. Nifty is probably around here somewhere, the little freak. She's almost cute, in a sense.

Quin doesn't even bother getting a drink. He just heads upstairs to grab some of his drugs. After getting sufficiently high, he heads back downstairs into the lobby. Angel is back now, sitting on the couch. Quin joins him. They sit together in silence, scrolling on their phones until Charlie and Vaggie come back.

"Where have you two been?" Quin asks. The two of them look exhausted.

"Trying to recruit sinners for the hotel," Charlie responds, flopping down on the couch.

"What, did it not go well?" Quin looks at Vaggie.

"No," She responds.

"Yeah, well, who would wanna spend their last days not fuckin and fightin," Angel continues to scroll through his phone.

Someone knocks on the door. Vaggie goes to open it.