Chapter 15 - The Audacity

Quin and Angel come back out into the lobby. Charlie, Alastor, and the big ol dick aren't there, however, there is a new face. She's short with blonde hair and a pink dress. Quin walks up to the bar with Angel.

"So, uh, who's this?" Quin looks at Husker.

"Didn't you hear my song?" The chick stares at Quin.

"No...?" He stares right back at her.

"It's me, Mimzy!" She smiles and makes a grandiose gesture with her hands.

Quin just stares at her. "Can I have a drink, please?" He turns to Husker, completely ignoring her theatrics. Husker gladly makes Quin a drink. She does not seem pleased by this.

"So uh, you and Alastor are like what, friends?" Angel grabs a drink of his own. Sir Pentious also joins them at the bar.

"Well, that's your word, not mine, but I think it fits," She laughs an incredibly annoying laugh. No one says anything.

"Why so surprised?" She says with an annoyed tone.

"I just didn't know he had any of those. He's been here a while and is still a big creepy mystery. What's his deal?" Angel's got a point. Quin knows nothing about Alastor, except that he should be afraid of him.

Mimzy starts to explain Alastor's backstory. Apparently, when Alastor showed up in hell many, many years ago, big overlords started going missing. No one knew what was happening until these radio broadcasts started going out, broadcasts of the screams of his victims. Every time an overlord went missing, their screams could be heard. Alastor then revealed himself as the Radio Demon.

A chill went down Quin's spine.

"That's the story most people know, but underneath it all..." The suspense was killing Quin. Who the hell is this guy? "He's a total sweetie. Put on some jazz and pour a couple fingers of rye and he becomes a kitten!" She says with a gentle smile.

What the actual fuck? Everyone just stares at Mimzy.

"Stop with the looks! He hasn't done any of that in a while," She waves her hand dismissively. "Can I get another one of these?" She turns to Husker- Wait, Husker is gone? At some point he must've disappeared, probably tired of Mimzy's bullshit. "Oh what the fuck!"

Mimzy tries to make small talk, but no one really seems interested. At least Quin isn't. He doesn't know who this chick is. If anything, she seems like trouble. Quin's getting this weird vibe off of her.

Suddenly, the entire hotel shakes. "Mimzy, we know you're in there you lousy bitch!" Some gruff voice yells from outside. The hotel continues to shake. It feels like they're beating something against the door.

Vaggie, Charlie, and Lucifer all step through a portal that looks like it's coming from the balcony. As she steps through, Vaggie says something in Spanish. Quin doesn't know what, however, as he doesn't speak Spanish.

"What's going on?" Charlie seems very concerned, rightfully so.

"Yeah, what is going on?" Quin turns to Mimzy.

"I maaay be in trouble with some loan sharks. I may or may not have borrowed fifty grand from-" She's cut off by them ramming the door once more. Quin's starting to get pissed. "And I may've also stolen a car... and crashed it... into the loan shark's girlfriend. But that bitch had it coming!"

Fire starts to rain in, breaking the windows. Quin loses his mind.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! You show up here unannounced, you proceed to treat everyone like shit and act like you own the damn place, and now you're bringing trouble?!" While Quin is yelling, everyone is scrambling. Lucifer is talking about some bullshit, but Quin could care less.

"Look-" Quin cuts Mimzy off.

"No! I'm throwing your ass out there! You caused the problem, now fucking deal with it-" Quin reaches out to grab Mimzy, but Alastor stops him.

"There won't be any need for that. I'll handle this," Alastor straightens his bow tie. "It's time I remind everyone why I am here." His smile contorts into something more sinister.

"Oh finally! Took you long en-"

"Shut the fuck up already," Quin stares daggers into her. How dare she come into his home and attempt to fuck everything up! Wait -- his, home...? A small smile appears on Quin's face.

"A reminder to all, not to mess with the Radio Demon," Alastor's form changes into something truly terrifying. Quin looks away. Alastor goes out of the hotel and begins to slaughter the loan sharks. "I will devour each and every one of you!"

"Mhm, you see? What I tell ya?" Lucifer starts again with his whole "I'm better than this" act. "Charlie, sinners are violent psychopaths, hellbent on causing as much pain and destruction as they can. There's really no point in trying-" Quin was about to jump in on Charlie's behalf, but before he can, she stands up for herself.

"Dad, stop! He's defending this hotel! It may be a bit more sadistic than I'd hoped, but he's doing it for me!" Charlie turns her back to her father. "How come he can have faith in me, but my own father can't?" Lucifer's face drops.

Quin walks up to Charlie and puts his hand on her shoulder. "Well spoken," he smiles at her. "My dad was a lot like yours. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, but hold your ground. Don't let what he says get to you. We're all here to support you, and your dreams."

Charlie starts to tear up and gives Quin a hug. "Thank you so much Quin." This place really is home.

"Look, Charlie-" Lucifer tries to speak.

"Dad... please, just... help me." Charlie cuts him off. Her voice is soft and pleading.

"I... I can't," Lucifer has his back to Charlie. He's looking at the floor.

"Why can't you?" She sounds defeated.

"Charlie!" He lets out a gasp for air as he rushes towards her, a desperate look on his face. "You don't understand. Heaven never listens! They didn't listen to me... they won't listen to you."