Chapter 19 - Consent

"Argh! What the fuck is with that wall?" Angel sits up when the explosion happens, but lays back down after. Quin is quite alarmed. Are we being attacked again?

"What up, hoes!" A female voice yells through the new hole in the wall. She lets out a laugh.

Angel seems to recognize the voice and sits up. "Holy shit! Cherri Bomb? Long time no see baby!" Quin recognizes that name from somewhere.

"Angie, you bitch, you've been texting me depressing shit all day. Figured we could tear shit up like old times. It's been fuckin forever. Here, hold this," she tosses a lit bomb to Charlie.

Charlie catches it and starts to freak out. "Ah! Ah! Oh my god!"

Vaggie grabs the bomb from her. "Nope, gimme that." She takes it and tosses it out the hole in the wall behind her.

"I love seeing you Cherri," The bomb Vaggie threw explodes outside. "But I'm too tired. I need to pass out." Angel says as he goes to flop down on the couch.

"Oho, you can sleep when you're double dead, fuckhead!" Cherri Bomb grabs him by the shirt and keeps him from hitting the couch. "Come on, what you really need is a recharge, a reinvigoration, a re-"

"-Responsible night on the town!" Charlie cuts off Cherri Bomb. "That is a great idea!" Cherri does not seem amused. "Hi, Charlie," She shakes Cherri Bomb's hand. "That's my wall that you just blew up. It's so nice to meet one of Angel's friends. He never brings anyone around."

"I wonder why," Cherri Bomb says, clearly meaning it in a sarcastic sense.

"Yeah, me too," Charlie can be so naive sometimes. "Anyway, Angel and everyone else have been working so hard, I think they deserve to have a little fun." Charlie walks up to Cherri Bomb.

"Wait wait wait, they?" Cherri Bomb looks like she's starting to get offended.

"Yeah, hi everyone! Angel and his friend are taking you all out for a night of fun and relaxation!" Charlie says so enthusiastically.

"Wait, I am only here for Ang-" Charlie hands her a fat stack of money. "Ooo! Nevermind, let's go!"

"Make sure they have the best time tonight! Anyway, the portal to heaven should be opening right about..." A portal opens suddenly in the center of the room. Quin refuses to look, knowing it will probably trigger him. He takes in a deep breath, trying to remain calm. "...now!" Charlie yells as she excitedly runs over to it. She throws Vaggie through the portal and gives everyone a wave. "Bye!"

Sir Pentious walks by, and as he does, he sees Cherri Bomb and spits out his drink. "Well, if it isn't my arch nemesis! Have you come to meet your fate in battle, Cherri Bomb?" Quin can't keep himself from snickering. Man, I love that snake. He's never lacking in entertainment value. Cherri Bomb stops counting the money and rolls her eyes.

"Apparently," Cherri Bomb says with an unamused tone. Sir Pentious tries to approach her, but he trips over the drink he dropped earlier. "I'm going out with Angel and I gotta drag your sorry asses along," She pulls out a piece of gum and puts it in her mouth.

"Oh! Oh. You and me are going out, back for fun?" Sir Pentious seems to have lost a bit of his composure. "I, I didn't think this would ever happen. What, what do I do? What do I wear?" He puts his hand on her shoulder casually.

She grabs his hand and pulls it off of her. "Don't fuckin touch me, you munted dickhead." She walks away. It almost looks like, like Sir Pentious is blushing. Quin can't help but smile. Oh, so this is who he as a crush on?

"Alright fuckers, you've got 10 minutes to be ready. I'm leaving with or without you," Cherri pulls out her phone and starts playing on it.

Quin rushes upstairs to put on a presentable outfit. He's barely ready in time. They all head out to a club, one Quin and his friends used to frequent.

...

"WOO! Isn't this place the fucking best?" Cherri Bomb laughs.

"I'll admit, 'consent' is a good name for a sex club," Husker seems to be enjoying himself so far. He takes a sip of his drink with a smile.

"Yeah, this place is pretty awesome," Quin also takes a sip of his drink.

Niffty is, cleaning? She has a broom in hand, wherever the hell she got it from, and she's sweeping.

"Niffty, dear, what are you doing?" Sir Pentious seems concerned.

"I'm sweeping! Ugh, look how icky it is in here!" She continues to sweep the floor with a displeased look on her face.

"That's because we're at a club, dear."

"Ohh, I thought the hotel looked different," Niffty laughs manically and starts to walk off.

"Ms. Bomb," Sir Pentious taps Cherri Bomb on the shoulder. "I-I-I'd like to buy you a drink."

"Why? Didn't you say we're arch rivals?" She smiles coyly at Sir Pentious. I think she might be aware of his feelings for her, and she's toying with him.

"Um... Uh... Because I'm buying everyone a drink!" The whole club cheers. As much as I feel bad for the man, it is kinda funny. Quin lets out a small laugh.

"Good, I need a drink after today," Angel says with an exhausted look. "You know, Val, he's into this waterboarding shit now, I don't know, it's a kink." Angel sighs.

"Angel, enough with the Val talk. He already ruined your whole day, don't let him ruin your night too," Cherri Bomb has a surprising good point. "Here, take on of these and you won't be worrying about nothin."

"Here we go," Husker rolls his eyes.

"Ooh, look, the drunk sobered up long enough to judge us," Cherri Bomb looks sarcastically at Husker.

"I ain't the one trying to get into heaven," He looks away, then back at Angel. "Look, you want to fuck up all your progress? Be my guest. I just..." Husker sighs. "I just thought you were better than that."

"Thanks, captain buzzkill. Come on Angie, let's get fucked up! It's been too long."

"Cherri?? Holy shit girl! Where you been?" A voice Quin's very familiar with shouts as she approaches the group.

"Ezreeva? Holy hell bitch, it's been so long!"