Chapter 7 - Night Terrors

TW: Self harm

While in the process of getting high out of his fucking mind, Quin hears some commotion downstairs. He stumbles out of his room, going to see what all of the noise was about.

Sir Pentious was laying on the ground. "Just make it quick I guess, not that I deserve it," his voice was filled with despair.

"Gladly," Vaggie angles her spear towards Sir Pentious.

"What the fuck is going on?" Quin slurs his words just a little bit.

"This guy is a fucking traitor! He's working for the Vees!" Quin may be high, but he can tell Angel is drunk.

Vaggie starts to walk towards Sir Pentious.

"Wait, Pentious?" Charlie extends out her hand to Pentious, who has tears in his eyes. "It starts with sorry. That's your foot in the door. One simple sorry, spoken straight from your core." Charlie begins to sing. "The path to forgiveness is a twisting trail of hearts, but sorry is where it starts."

"Who could forgive a dirt bag like me? I don't deserve your amnesty," Sir Pentious's sounds like it's filled with hatred towards himself, a type of pain is Quin is very familiar with.

"Can't we just kill him? Shoot him and spill his blood," Both Angel and Vaggie start walking threateningly towards Sir Pentious.

"That's an option you could choose," Charlie says hesitantly.

"Works for us," The two of them say, getting even closer to Sir Pentious.

"But who hasn't been in his shoes?" Charlie walks between Vaggie and Angel. They both look at her and lower their weapons a bit. She puts out her hand to Sir Pentious and stands him up. "It starts with sorry."

"Sorry," Tears well up in Sir Pentious' eyes.

"Dig down deeper and say one sincere sorry," Charlie says with a smile.

"I'm so sorry!" He flops down into Vaggie and Angel's arms.

"You're journey's underway!" Charlie pulls him into a dance with her.

"It'll take time to cover your/my vast multitude of sins, but sorry is where it begins. It starts with sorry," They both sing together.

Nifty looks at Sir Pentious with disappointment. "I hated that song! Why are you so lame? Not a bad boy!" She steps on him and he curls into a ball.

"Good first day. Let's get some rest," Charlie says. Everyone exits, except Quin. He just stands there for a moment. If, if I told them what I did, would they forgive me? He watches them walk away. He lets out a sigh. There's no way in hell. He walks back upstairs and attempts to go to sleep.

...

"Sebastion... Sebastion!" He hears a familiar voice call out. "Sebastion! Where are you?" The voice sounds scared. It sounds like it's on the verge of tears.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" He calls out.

"Sebastion! Oh there you are!" Everything goes from being dark to colorful. He's at his favorite restaurant again. He hasn't been here in over 5 years. He looks over at his best friend that he hasn't seen in the same amount of time. "Where have you been?"

"I-" tears start to well up in his eyes. He can't believe what he's seeing. He has his bunny ears back, as well as his tail. He even has his other wing again. He hugs Rose tightly. "I've... I've missed you. I have so much to tell you-"

"Oh, if it isn't you again," Quin hears a familiar voice. One he hates with a burning passion.

"Adam... Leave me the fuck alone," Venom drips from Quin's words.

"You really think you'd have a shot at getting this back? HA! You really are gullible," Adam laughs at him.

"Wait... what?" Quin looks around in fear. He feels pain on his head, and on his lower and upper back. It slowly becomes excruciating. Blood starts to pour over his face from the top of his head and also drips down his back. He watches as everything around him fades into darkness. Now, it's just him, Adam, and Lute. His body starts to shake violently.

"You will live out your life in hell until we kill you again, you pathetic rabbit garbage," Lute's face contorts into a horrific smile. He feels the ground falling out beneath him. No, no! Not again! I can't lose it all again! Please! Tears stream down his face as he grabs onto a ledge, holding on with all his might.

"See you later, fucker," Lute stomps on his hand and he falls into the abyss.

He gasps for air. He feels tears pouring down his face. He's now sitting in his bed, hyperventilating. He tries to calm down, but to no avail. It's been a while since he had a dream like that. He clenches his fist.

"Fuck!" He screams out in pain. His breathing gets even faster. He feels like he can't breathe. The world around him seems to be spinning. He's losing his sense of where his body is at. The thoughts in his head are moving so fast he can't seem to understand them. He lays in his bed, crying.

He hears a knock at the door. He attempts once more to compose himself, but it still doesn't work. "Not now!" he yells out, pain seeping out from every word.

"It's me," Angel says in a low voice.

Quin contemplates letting him in. Maybe...

No! He could never help someone like you! You piece of fucking shit! "I said, not now." Quin's voice is stern.

"Okay. Just know, I'm, I'm here," Quin hears Angel's footsteps as he walks away. Quin starts to cry even harder.

"Fuck..." Quin curls in on himself. He digs his nails into his arm to the point it draws blood. "I fucking hate myself..."

He lies there in so much pain. Eventually, he ends up crying himself to sleep.