Chapter 9 - Going Out

Angel laughs as he pulls out his guns and begins to light people up. He attempts to clear a way for Sir Pentious and Quin. Quin doesn't fight, he never has. Even in life, he was never one for violence. He just keeps his head low and tries his best to avoid what he can. Sir Pentious also isn't much help without his machines. Suddenly, Sir Pentious is snatched by some random guy. He holds Sir Pentious at gun point. 

"What're you gonna do now, you little bitch?" The dude laughs. This pisses Quin off more than he already was. He stops for a moment, looking around.

"Nothin," Quin turns his back and walks away. As soon as he's out of sight, he runs as fast as he can to an area above the dude holding Sir Pentious.

"What the fuck...?" The guy looks incredibly confused. He looks around, lowering the gun just enough to where it's no longer in front of Sir Pentious. Quin grabs the biggest thing he can find, which just ends up being a decent sized rock, and launches it down at the dude holding Sir Pentious. The dude lets go of him, covering his own face. Sir Pentious looks up at Quin, and smiles. He grabs the guy that held him hostage and beats the shit out of him. Quin can't keep himself from smiling. Hell, that was kind of fun. Quin hops down and joins Sir Pentious.

Angel looks back at the two of them. "Everything okay?"

"Yup," they both say with triumphant smiles.

"I cleared a path. Let's get the fuck outta here," Angel says as all three of them book it into the building Vaggie threw them off of. As they run up the stairs, they see Charlie walking down. 

"Let's just go home," Charlie says, a defeated look on her face. 

"What? But I just walked up most of those stairs," Angel protests, but after he sees the look on her face, he complies.

...

They're back at the hotel, sitting in the lobby. The group is talking about the battle they just experienced, all of them laughing.

"Well, hey. At least you can take a beating like a champ," Husker looks at Sir Pentious with a smile. "You did okay, new kid. And you," he looks at Quin. "You did pretty okay too. Nice thinking out there." Quin can't keep himself from smiling.

"Really? Oh, well, I suppose I did get into a little of the old rough and tumble today," Sir Pentious laughs, and so does everyone else. "And uh, thank you for hitting that guy with a rock for me," He looks at Quin.

"No problem, just repaying the favor," Quin smiles back at Sir Pentious. "And thank you, Angel, for clearing the way for us." Angel laughs and slaps both him and Sir Pentious on the back. The group of them just sit and laugh about the whole situation for a little while longer. 

Alastor returns with Sir Pentious' little egg creatures. Vaggie says Sir Pentious can have them back. He looks ecstatic. "Really?" Tears are welling up in his eyes.

"Yeah. After today, I guess I can trust you with them. But seriously, no, more, weapons," She stares daggers into Sir Pentious to get her point across.

"Awww my eggs!" Sir Pentious runs up and hugs his little egg boys. "It's so good to have you back. Now, go clean my quarters this instant!" Despite his yelling, Quin can tell he deeply cares about his little egg boys. However, he didn't even know that Sir Pentious had lost them in the first place. He seems to miss a lot around here. That fact seems to sadden him.

...

Quin lays in his bed, staring at the ceiling. His phone buzzes. He barely has the energy to roll over. Despite that, he checks it anyways.

So, we still on for tonight or what? - (Ari) Just now

He looks at his phone and smiles. It's the group chat. It's been a while since he went out with the boys. Granted, there's only one person who identifies as male in that group aside from him, they still like the term.

Of course bitch. I'll head out in an hour? - Sent just now

Betttttt. Let's go out and fucking slay - (Ari) Just now 

Yassssss queen - (Ezreeva) Just now

God I am so ready for this. Even just bought a new supply of the good shitttttt - (Mortain) Just now

Quin musters up enough energy to dress up. He throws on his favorite pair of dangly earrings, a dark choker, and one of his best dresses. He grabs one of his pink sets of boots, the tall ones with straps on them. He puts his hair in a ponytail and slaps on a pretty heavy amount of makeup, making him look even sexier than normal. He takes a look in the mirror. Satisfied with his outfit, he heads out.

On my way - Sent just now

Everyone else sends a similar message back. It's finally time to have a good fucking night.

...

"WOOOO!" One of his friends yells out. 

"Chug! Chug! Chug!" The group chants. 

Quin is throwing back shot after shot. He feel pretty slammed at this point. His mind is numb. 

"Heyyy pretty lady~" Quin looks at Ezreeva, a beautiful dolphin lady, as he slurs his words. "You're kinda hot."

"Quin, aren't you gay?" The group laughs as Ezreeva questions him.

"Yeah, but you're still pretty," Quin says, smiling at his friends. He's so happy to be out and about with his favorite people, people who actually give a damn.

"Why thank you," Ezreeva gives Quin a little kiss on the cheek. They're all very comfortable with each other.

"We need to do this more often!" Ari leans back as she yells out. Her lion features are quite noticeable at the moment. She extends one of her arms out behind Quin. The group is sitting in a circular booth around a table. The table is littered with shot glasses, bottles, and empty bags.

"Ugh, we so do," Quin extend his hand out to Mortain, a colorful man with the head of a rubik's cube. "You got any more of that good shit?"

"Almost out, but yeah," Mortain hands Quin a small bag full of white powder. "I bought it just for this occasion, so let's not let it go to waste!" Mortain also grabs a bag, partaking in the activities himself.

"Man, I'm so tired of that stupid hotel bullshit. Charlie keeps making us do these stupid exercises. It's so, bullshit," Quin rolls his eyes as he reaches for another shot.

"Then why not just leave?" Ezreeva asks, taking another shot herself.

"It's more complicated than that," Quin sighs, leaning his head back.

"How so?" Mortain takes another shot after speaking.

"It's just," Quin's at a loss for words. Maybe it's because he's crossfaded, or maybe it's because of something else, he doesn't know. "I dunno man, it's complicated."