CHAPTER SIX

ALYSSA'S POV

I sit in the bed, in my night dress, staring at the texts I sent to Daniel when he asked if I was ready for chat. It's "Yes, let's chat" and it's almost four hours, he hasn't replied to me back.

"What if he is Daniel?" Jane words rings in my ear.

I goes to his profile to check his last name. I haven't check that, It's Daniel my eyes went to the first the day we chatted.

I'm surprise. I see a name, his last name. He is Parker.

What? Is he Mr. Parker son? The one we are expecting soon?

These am just asking in my head, no one to give me answer.

I goes back to his DM. I want to type something but I don't know what to type.

Should I ask him if he is the son of the father who own Parker's Enterprises?

No, I shake off my head.

It can't be the one. I don't even know Mr. Parker's son name.

"Not him Alyssa". I tells myself. "It's time to sleep".

I off my screen light phone and lies down, close my eyes but my head won't stop thinking about Daniel being Mr. Parker's son or not.

I want to sleep.

***
I get to office with a question in mind to asks Susan, Beth or Selena if they know it but none have arrived. I sit at my desk, checking some videos on phone when my Aunt call comes in.

"Hi Aunt". I gladly says.

"Hey Alyssa, how are you?" She asks

"I'm good. How are you too? The kids? Husband?"

"We are good. I spoke with granny, she sound good too".

"Yeah. She is good".

"Weekend is my sister death anniversary. Your parents anniversary. I'm coming home soon so we can visit them together".

I smiles slowly. "Okay. I can't wait to see you".

"Yeah, bye".

"Bye".

The call drops.

I was five years old when my parents died in a car accident and granny and Aunt has been my parents since then even though Aunt couldn't be there for me all the times because she has something to do but she and granny never make me feel alone.

Susan comes in with a bright smile, saying "Hello".

I turns to her fast. "Hey Susan". I stand up. "How was your night?" I asks as she come to her seat beside me.

"It was good darling and you". She turns to me.

"Good too. Susan I have a question?"

"What's that darling?"

"What's Mr. Parker's son name?"

"Mr. Parker son name?"

"Yeah". I nods.

"Why?"

"What?" I laughs.

"Did you know something?"

"Like? I just want to know?"

"Well, his name is Dylan".

"Dylan?" I surprisingly asks.

"Yeah, why are you surprise about it? Did you hear something?"

"No". I looks away, sitting down.

"You are hiding something Alyssa".

"No". I laughs. "I'm just curious".

"Okay. Dylan's Parker. That's his name".

"Okay, thank you".

I sigh small. I know it's not going to be him. I take my phone up and then I see texts from him.

"Alyssa, sorry about yesterday. I got busy. How are you?" He sent the texts and I smiles.

"It's okay. I'm good and you?"

"I'm good. What do you do Alyssa?"

"I works. Employed and you?"

I stares eager as he types.

"I works too. Employed". He texts. I shouldn't try to know everything fast about him. I will get to know him slowly. "I miss Florida". He texts again.

"Really? Your family lives here?"

"Yeah. Sorry Alyssa, I have to go now".

"Okay, bye".

He is offline. I stares at our texts and switch off my screen light phone.

I breathes out. "It's time to work".

************

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.

I love you❤️