CHAPTER NINE

ALYSSA'S POV

Jane joins us at the airport to see Granny's off. Aunt is just happy, Granny is finally coming with her. I get it. She is her mum.

"Bye Granny". I says, hugging her.

"Take care my daughter". I nods and shortly, we release each other. "I will be back soon".

"Granny". Jane calls fast, open her arms to give her a hug. Granny laughs small and hugs her.

"I will miss you guys". Granny says

"We too". They release each other. Aunt and I looks at each other. We hugs.

"Bye".

"Yeah, take care". We release each other. "Granny". She calls. "We should go"

"Okay, bye Alyssa, bye Jane". She waves at me, Aunt joins her as they are about to turn.

Jane and I wave back to them.

I kinda feel a bit emotional. Well, have been separated from Granny before but it's just been long and it's happening now again. I'm not going to see her for a while. They turn, walking away while I watches them. Jane looks at me and see me sad a bit.

"Aww...". She gives me hug, laughing. She release me and we turn leaving the airport.

We come outside, heading to our car.

"To where now?" Jane asks.

"To Steve. Let's visit his restaurant. I haven't thanked him for the steak".

"Okay".

We get into the car and I drives away.

***
We drives to Steve restaurant and we get down. Jane leads the way and I follows her in. It's quite busy inside. People have gotten to know him and he has two young staff working for him now.

Steve waves to us when he sees us and quickly rush to us.

"Hey girls"

"Hi Steve". Jane says.

"Hi". I waves to him then I remember I didn't bring anything to congratulate him on restaurant opening. "Oh, Steve am sorry. I didn't bring anything along".

"It's okay. Jane did that. Thank you for coming".

"Thank you and thank you for the steak. It was the best. I enjoyed it".

He beams "I'm glad. You can have your seat"

"Thank you". Jane and I chorus together and walks up to a seat. Steve follows us.

"What would you love to order?"

"I will have steak". I says laughing.

"Me too".

"Okay". He says. "I will be back with it shortly". He leaves.

I sighs away before I begins "I kinda feel empty a little".

Jane smiles. "I miss granny too". She pauses. "We have each other Alyssa, you don't need to feel that".

I laughs small with a nod.

Steve comes with our steak and place it before us.

"Enjoy".

"Thank you". We chorus together.

We eat and it taste yummy again. We put on smiles that tells satisfaction.

"I'm glad you are enjoying it". Steve beams.

"How's it going?" Jane asks

"Great. It's quite busy around".

"Yeah, I see that".