CHAPTER EIGHT

ALYSSA'S POV

Aunt is in Florida now. I'm stopping at Granny house and am sleeping over. I drives to her house and before getting down, I send a text to Jane.

"I'm not coming home tonight. I'm sleeping at Granny house. Aunt is around". I send the text and get down from the car.

I steps in.

"Granny! Aunt" I happily calls their name. Aunt come out from the kitchen.

"Hello". She says and I run to hug her. We laughs. "How are you?"

"I'm good". We release each other. I look over at Granny "Hey Granny".

"Alyssa". She says as she cooks.

"Aunt". I looks at her back. "How about we take a walk around after dinner".

"Of course".

I smiles. "I will be back". I says, walking to my room. I come inside my room and falls on the bed. My face up, staring. Have missed the room. Being in the room again, make me revisit my memories in this room.

I stand up and take off my dress, putting on my pajamas then I hear Aunt voice.

"The dinner is ready Alyssa". She says aloud.

"Coming".

I finish up putting on my pajamas then leave the room.

I come to the dining, the food set. Granny and Aunt are already eating. It's chicken tortilla soup.

I inhale the aroma, smiling. "Uhmm... delicious". I draw out a chair and sit. I begins to eat and I looks happy as I chew.

"Delicious". I say and Granny laugh.

"Mum, how about you in Georgia?"

"Eh!" I shouts.

"I really miss mum foods". She cry

"That's why you want her there?"

"I just want my mum around me".

"How about me here?"

"I don't know".

Granny laughs at us as she eat. "I'm planning to come to Georgia because I miss your kids".

"Really?" Aunt shout and she nods.

"How about me here?" I asks and Aunt chuckles.

"I can't believe we are fighting over mum".

"Because she is a good person".

I says and the two smile.

"Can we go together when am leaving to Georgia?"

Grandma pauses while I looks at her, waiting for her answer. "Uhm". She nods.

"Yes!" Aunt shouts.

"Granny!"

"I will be back soon. It's been a while have been to Georgia". She says and I looks away.

I shouldn't be angry about her being in Georgia for some while. Her daughter also want her around her too. I shouldn't let her.

"Okay".

Aunt gives Granny a hug. "Thank you". The two are happy and I laughs small.

We finish up eating and we take a walk around, putting on our coats. It's chilly outside and we takes a lot of pictures together. They are so beautiful. I post it immediately with a caption that says "A night with family".

Jane like it first with a comment that say "Beautiful" end it with a lovely emoji.

I goes to Daniel's dm. We haven't chat since the last chat. I do not bother to text him. I know he will do when he is ready to have a chat with me. I just pray we go well together.

****
The next day, we visit the cemetery together for my parents death anniversary with bouquets of flowers in our hands. Granny and I drops it slowly on each burial ground and Aunt drops her own on mum's burial ground.

We stand and stares at the burial ground. Aunt is emotional and she begins to cry silently. I can hear her sniffs. Granny and I do not cry but our face tells, we are sad.

"Don't you have anything to tell them?" Granny asks and I smiles small.

"Uhm". I clear throats. "Next year, I want to come her with my husband and kid". I laughs. Granny and Aunt joins me. "I miss you guys". I become teary now and sniffs.

"I miss you sister". Aunt cry aloud and her cry is just so funny which makes me chuckles, stop me from crying. "I miss you".

Aunt said she didn't have much memories with mum because of her study in Georgia and when she finished study, she got married there with kids. Every time she would talk about her death.

I miss my parents, especially when I see Jane with her parents, it would make me think of them but Granny is just so wonderful. She really played their role well in my life.

We walks to my car after our times at the burial ground.

"Mum in Georgia tomorrow". She shouts happily.

"Yes". Granny shout small while I playfully hiss away. Aunt laughs.

We get to the car and get in.

"Mum will be in Georgia tomorrow". That words Aunt said rings in my ear as I drives away.

I will miss her.