Chapter 12: Has He Done You Any Injustice?

Jennie stepped forward and looked at Seulgi in the eye. “Why not? Mr kang, I’m Lisa’s legal wife now, so it is my duty to know how he is doing. Aren’t you obligated to tell me since you are his assistant?”

Seulgi looked at Jennie in surprise. This typically unreasonable woman was shockingly capable of speaking with such confidence.

He automatically told Jennie what happened, “People on the internet are saying that you gave Kai a love letter.”

Hence, Lisa got agitated. He neither ate lunch nor breakfast and shut himself in his study to work and kept giving off a hostile aura.

By the time Jennie got home, Seulgi was already at his wit’s end, so he gave her a poor attitude.

The content that was filmed today had yet to be edited and aired. However, everyone on the internet was already in a furor and talking about how shameless Little Stone was for throwing herself at Kai and blatantly disregarding the contest.

The fans did not know that Little Stone was Jennie, but Lisa certainly did.

It did not take much effort for Jennie to realize that Nancy must have been behind it.

Nancy had sent pictures to Lisa and even spread them online.

Since Jennie’s eyes were lowered, Seulgi could not tell how she felt about this, so he spoke even more sarcastically, “Miss Kim, has Mr. Manoban done you any injustice?”

Jennie suddenly thought about her past life where he was there for her in her lowest time and smiled. “No, he’s perfect.”

Seulgi could detect regret and pity in her eyes, so he could not bring himself to speak harshly to her.

“Mr Kang, I will check with you on how Lisa is doing from now on. I would appreciate your help,” said Jennie.

She smiled when she saw how stunned Seulgi was. “Otherwise, how am I supposed to make him happy?”

Seulgi stood where he was even after Jennie was long gone. Had the sun risen from the West today?

Jennie walked up to Lisa’s study and knocked on the door.

His husky, arrogant voice came from inside. “Get lost.”

“Lisa, it’s me.” Jennie’s voice was unique and versatile. It sounded particularly sweet when she softened her tone.

There was a long silence before the door suddenly opened, and Lisa’s tall, lean body appeared before Jennie.

A shadow loomed over her. Despite Jennie’s height, she seemed particularly small in front of a man like him.

Before she said a word, Lisa pressed her against the wall and held her neck with his right hand as he bit her lips.

Jennie did not panic and run or hate it. She was no longer fearful of his cruelty. All she could think of was his love. She looked at him unperturbed as she held his powerful arms.

Lisa stopped kissing her. His cold, distant eyes looking puzzled instead. However, his eyes remained filled with disappointment and anger.

“Are you angry?” Jennie asked bluntly. “Do you not want me to do the things I like?”

“Should I sit back while you fall for someone else?” Lisa held her neck tightly.

Jennie suppressed her anger. “Would you rather trust someone else rather than me? Am I still your baby?”

Lisa clearly did not expect Jennie to say this. Her face swiftly blushed crimson as emotions flooded her eyes.

He gradually let go of her.