Chapter 40: Desperate Dog

Rosé kept looking at Jennie and her brother. Neither of them realized she was looking at them while they kept gazing at each other. Instead, she had to watch on while they stared into each other’s eyes.

Rosé said angrily. “I’m leaving!”

Seulgi followed behind her and saw her out.

“Mr Kang, am I missing something here? Was that really Jennie?”

Seulgi told Rosé about Jennie’s recent behavior and left Rosé in deep thought.

***

On the other end, Golden Domain Entertainment showed great interest in Nancy and kept getting in touch with her. However, Nancy had yet to make a decision.

Jennie contacted Mr Wang and talked about signing with his talent agency, but he was disinterested.

She casually brought up Nancy’s astounding songwriting skills and brilliant stage performance as she tried to convince him to give herself a deal.

Sure enough, it piqued his interest, so he searched for Nancy’s music online and was stunned by her talent.

Although he ran a talent agency and signed celebrities, he was doing it both for the sake of his company and harem. However, if he could get someone as talented as Nancy, it would certainly help to boost the company’s performance a lot.

Mr Wang was determined to get Nancy to sign with his talent agency.

***

Nancy had surprisingly turned up to filming late when Jennie got back to the filming location.

Jennie was certain that she must have taken up Mr Wang’s offer.

It was time for them to perform as duos

The episode about the team division had already gotten aired.

Wen Yongwei, Nancy and Shen Qi were the most popular contestants.

Wen Yongwei was collaborating with Kai, so she had the highest chances of winning. Also, she consistently came in first, so her odds of winning became even better.

Nancy consistently came in top three and was a highly talented songwriter, so she was also a hot favorite. However, no one knew that her songs were Jennie’s work.

The least popular group was Jennie and Irene.

As a fan said: [One of them is a desperate dog while the other one has rookie vocals. Do they think that their negative plus negative combo will end up positive?]

Kai’s fans really wanted Little Stone to get eliminated. They could not stand the sight of this irritating woman!

The live stream commenced.

Everyone went up to stage one after another.

Irene was checking her social media account. The more she looked at it, the more powerless she felt.

Jennie walked up beside her and said gently, “Can you practice with me?”

Irene immediately nodded. “Sure.” She was trying to distract herself from the anxiety.

Jennie and Irene rehearsed twice backstage. Irene had great vocals and coordinated flawlessly with Jennie. However… there was no one around to see them now.

Nancy was about to go on stage with a male fellow-contestant named Cui Hang.

Cui Hang was very impressed by Nancy’s songwriting skills and agreed to use her song without hesitation.

The two of them had great odds of winning.

Cui Hang glanced at Nancy. His ranking was bound to soar after collaborating with her.

Nancy was one of the rare few contestants with the chops to compete with Wen Yongwei for top position.