Chapter 135: I Didn't Mean To

“Don’t leave just yet! Promise me you won’t go!” Rosé covered her hands. “My hands hurt badly, so I am worried something might go wrong! Jin, can you keep me company today?”

Rosé was clearly pretending, but Jenny wanted to play safe with Rosé’s hands, so she said, “In that case, I will wait outside until your pain subsides.”

Rosé felt happy to hear this. After Jenny left the hospital ward, she hurriedly sent Lisa a text message: [Are you coming to see me at noon?]

[Yes, I am.]

[Perfect. I am waiting for you.] Rosé was delighted that her little brother was coming over.

[Don’t eat lunch on your own. Let’s do lunch together.]

Rosé did not want to force them to date, but Jennie kept hurting Lisa repeatedly. She kept lying to Lisa because of Kai.

Even when Jennie treated Lisa more decently, it was just a pretense so that she could go out and meet Kai. No one bought what she said, but Lisa continued to trust her.

Rosé felt sorry for her little brother and kept hoping that he could meet the right woman. Dr. Jenny clearly looked like the perfect woman for Lisa.

Lisa kept looking at the second message from his older sister and could tell she was up to something.

He replied: [?]

Rosé did not dare to answer out of fear that she might give herself away. If Lisa caught on to her plans, he would not come.

Jenny sat outside Rosé’s VIP hospital ward as she read her manuscript.

“Hi, Dr. Jenny!” A voice came from somewhere.

Jennie raised her head and recognized the man before her. He was one of the hospital director’s sons and she had seen him a couple of times previously.

Even though Jenny came with Du Xie’s recommendation, no one dared to approve Rosé’s surgery.

Director Chen Junior looked into her eyes and felt blown away by her beauty. He promptly handed her request to the hospital director and got it approved.

Each time she visited Rosé, Mr Chen would eagerly follow behind her and clearly admired her.

Jennie had installed a privacy application on her phone. Otherwise, he would have called ages ago.

Jennie had already forgotten about him, but the moment he looked at her earnestly, she remembered who he was.

He was extremely happy to see Jenny and quickly sat down in front of her.

“Dr. Jenny, since it is almost lunchtime, let’s go eat!” Director Chen Junior invited her for lunch enthusiastically.

Jennie was not wearing a mask, so her sharp chin could be seen. Since she had put on makeup, her face was simply exquisite. Although her eyes were a little cool, she had breathtaking good looks.

Director Chen Junior felt his heart palpitating uncontrollably. She was so mesmerizing that he was unable to finish what he wanted to say.

“Sorry, I have plans for lunch.”  turned him down immediately.

Director Chen Junior was so infatuated with Jenny that he unknowingly reached his hand out to hold hers.

Jennie frowned as she evaded it.

Director Chen Junior finally caught on to his inappropriate gesture and hurriedly said, “I am so sorry.”

The moment he saw Jenny reacting coldly, he hurriedly cried, “Dr. Jenny, I didn’t mean to.”

Director Chen Junior was quite young and had yet to work. Since his father was a director on the hospital board, he was often at the hospital. However, now he simply resembled a nervous kid.

Jennie knew it was completely unintentional. Otherwise, she would not have allowed someone like him to keep showing up around her.