Chapter 75: Utterly Embarrass Her

“Is it Jennie?” Both Kai and Hu Lai found this unfathomable. Why would Jennie want to buy this orchid?

In an instant, a thought rose in their hearts, “Was she bidding for it because of Kai?”

Nancy was certain Jennie was here to do just that. After all, she knew best how lousy her relationship with Lisa was.

Hu Lai felt the same way. “Kai, what do you think? Do you think Jennie is doing it for you?”

Kai thought about the cold look in Jennie’s eyes before thinking about the way she implored him to go back to her previously.

He nodded gently.

Hu Lai understood what he was driving at.

Kai could afford to buy the orchid. However, the hype it would bring if Jennie was the one bidding for it and publicly giving it to Kai would be completely different. The effect might even be better than getting Krystal to do it.

If Kai publicly rejected Shi Jin, it would help repair the damage Jennie’s song, “Get Lost”, had done to Kai’s brand.

There were a lot of reporters present, so the marketing would be even more effective.

“Nancy, go tell Krystal about it.” Hu Lai contemplated before deciding to put her faith in Jennie one more time.

It was impossible for Jennie to give the orchid to anyone other than Kai. Otherwise, why bother bidding for it at such a high price?

Nancy hurriedly went over to Krystal and spoke to her softly.

Krystal clenched her fists tightly. “Are you going to get her to give the orchid to Kai?”

“Isn’t it a great idea to let her do it? That way, Kai can give her a slap in the face and embarrass her completely.”

Krystal pondered briefly, “Then again, that is true. After Jennie gives up on Kai completely, she will finally have a clean break from him. Otherwise, everyone will just think of her when they talk about Kai. That would be absolutely disgusting.”

Even though they kept whispering to each other, time passed very quickly in reality.

Jennie knew just what they were saying. Since Nancy was present, she was certain that Nancy had recognized her.

She stopped increasing the bid in huge increments. Instead, she simply outbid Krystal’s offer marginally, “$3 020 000.”

“The bid has now reached $3 020 000! Does anyone want to make a bid? $3 020 000 going once. $3 020 000 going twice. $3 020 000 going thrice! Sold! Congratulations on winning the bid for the yao orchid, Madam!”

The auctioneer pounded the hammer to close the auction of the yao orchid!

Jennie stood up and Kai, Hu Lai, Krystal, and Nancy all turned to look at her intently.

This time, she was bound to give the flower to Kai! Also, Kai would have the opportunity to reject her.

Everything will be under Kai’s control! Jennie could forget about ever gaining hype using Kai ever again!

Jennie could keenly sense one more person looking at her intently in the crowd. Someone was looking at her coldly. Even without turning back to see, she could sense the powerful aura.

Nancy was around, so even without thinking hard, she was certain it was Lisa looking at her.

Although she had already earned Lisa’s trust during this time, his jealousy was only temporarily suppressed and was not eradicated at its root.

Jennie knew this well. She could empathize that after abusing him for years, these things couldn’t change overnight. It was fine.