Chapter 199: A Total Win

Dong-wook sounded resolute despite his calm tone.

Kim Qing felt even guiltier towards Jennie. Since he was in the wrong, he was not in the position to insist.

“In that case, we will be making a move first.” Now that Jennie had achieved what she set out to do, she had no intention of lingering.

She reached her hands out to push Dong-wook’s wheelchair and left with So-yeon.

The guests couldn’t help nodding as they watched them leave. Their attitude towards them took on a 180 degree change.

“Even though the Lee family isn’t made of money, they certainly love their daughter. They gave all the money they received for their land without batting an eye.”

“That’s right. They were clearly very nice people.”

“We were wrong about them. They were honest folks who did not care about getting connected to the rich and powerful.”

“Also, Jennie’s Chinese herbs were clearly very effective. I wonder if she is able to treat my old ailment.”

The moment the last person finished his sentence, a lot of the guests at the banquet regretted their actions. If Jennie did not leave, they could have asked her about treatment. Sadly, Jennie had severed ties with the Shi family, so they were probably the last people she would help.

Since Kim Qing was sick, all the guests bade farewell and left. As they left, they continued talking about Jennie.

Krystal suppressed her jealousy and smiled as she saw the guests out. Jennie had outshone her completely yet again!

She had intended on using a violin solo at her father’s birthday banquet to help make up for the set back at the school anniversary celebrations!

She could only count her lucky stars that this was just a family affair. Kai had shown up quietly without getting any reporters or paparazzi involved. Otherwise, it would be a major public embarrassment for her and her mother.

Mr and Mrs Chu seemed annoyed. Kai stood beside Krystal and comforted her, “Since we don’t want to have anything to do with Jennie, isn’t it great that she offered to terminate the marriage agreement?”

Despite the embarrassment Jennie had brought about, Krystal had to agree with Kai.

After Kai’s parents had left, Chu Jia stayed behind and chatted with Krystal. “Krystal, didn’t you say that the Lee family is impoverished and petty? Although the Manoban family is wealthy, the man is old and ugly. Now that Jennie has severed ties with Kai, things are really working out for you.”

“From now on, you no longer have to worry about the Lee family. Also, Jennie has to marry that old man. Now that Jennie has announced this publicly, it is a total win for you.”

After Kai and Chu Jia kept comforting her, Krystal’s mood eventually lifted.

***

Jennie left the Kim residence with Dong-wook and So-yeon to see Sehun waiting at the same spot. Just as she was about to call him, she received a call from Seulgi.

“Help, Miss Kim!” The moment Jennie answered the phone, he nearly wanted to kneel.

The moment Jennie heard his voice, she gestured to her parents, walked some distance before answering him, “What happened to Lisa?”

Since Lisa was stubborn in nature, the people around him had trouble handling him. Jennie did not want her parents to worry, so she did not tell them about his condition.