Chapter 9-Captivated

This chapter contain vocabulary that might shock the young readers.

Seungmins Pov

As we are waiting for Lee Jong Kang to come, its pretty long and finally here they are, I see some bodyguards surrounding us to protect this powerful man. But then, my eyes meet someone that I wouldnt think I would see today at such a place and a moment, she is wearing a beautiful dress, they are pronouncing her forms.

Her waist revealed by the sun, she is stunning, even though we are pretty far, I can see how pretty she is, I am getting lost in her looks, she is just so beautiful. But then I remember the current situation and the danger she just created for herself, I look at her with concern, I am scared that she might get hurt. I decide to shake my head in a visible NO but she seems confused, she starts walking towards me.

I then start shaking my head faster and then I see one of the bodyguard noticing her, I realize that its too late, my mind and body stop working, I hear the boom and run in her direction, she fall on the floor, I run faster, I receive a bullet in my shoulder but I dont care.

At this instant the only thing that matter is her, she is unconscious, her eyes are closed and for the first time in a while, my eyes are filled with tears, I hold them but they start drooling along my cheeks by themselves. The world stop, I look at the guy that shot her, a dead look, the anger in me is so big that I just let it explode, not thinking at any moment about my colleagues. Im like in a trance but I am aware of it.

I take my gun and shoot him, in the heart, everyone take their gun out and Its just like, even if I died right now, nothing will matter anymore. And even before I knew it, this girl that I met randomly at a convenience store while I was going to get my ramens already changed my life and me without her even knowing it.

My anger is out of control but I keep a straight face and I dont move until i suddenly feel a pain at the back of my head, I fall on the floor, me being unconscious.

-Ellipse-

I slowly open my eyes, my instinct automatically tries to move but I rapidly realize that my hands are tied as well as my feet are also tied with the chair, am I dreaming? Holy shit, my head hurts, in a brief instant, the door opens and bang on the wall, it makes me look its way, its him, the one we were supposed to kill today.

A man coming straight from hell. I then remember Shin-Su and just ask them how she is and if she is still alive, my heart ache at the thought of it, what if she is really dead?

Me: Is she alive? The girl that your guy shot without any reason, a regular innocent girl.

He slaps my face, leaving a red mark and my anger just growing as I keep looking at him.

Jong Kang: How dare you speak?! You, just a stupid dog, listening to the orders given by his owner!

I dont say something because he is right, I am just a toy and even if I am pretty close to my boss, if he learns that, he might pressure him to get what he wants. I cant let him know that.

I have to stay strong for him like I always do. I then decide to ask him once again.

Me: Tell me please, is she just alive?

The worry in my eyes might be really big since he answers my question.

Jong Kang: She is alive, our nurse took care of her, we took the bullet out. She is alive but not saved, maybe she wont pass the night.

Me: How many time has it been sine I have been unconscious?

Jong Kang: I would say for about 5 hours.