15

They soon reached the mansion which was more like a palace. Aarohi was actually shocked. Her house was at least of 5 floor but his is like a building. The breadth of his mansion is also insane. It was like a modern palace.

The huge doors opened as all the cars entered through the pathway made across the huge fountain made. They stopped in front of the entrance as everyone got down. Her mother-in-law entered first as the maids have already prepared for the rituals.

Aarohi put the veil above her head and her mother-in-law put the brass pot filled with rice in front of her at the entrance. Using her right foot, she slowly pushed the pot as the rice spilled as soon as it fell down. The cousins of the house clapped welcoming her. Then she put her feet in the red water which was mixture of water and vermilion. Then she made footprints on white cloth.

Later, everyone gathered around dining table to have dinner. Aarohi sat beside her husband. Maids served the dinner as Aarohi ate only a bit. Her every actions were being noticed by her husband. After dinner, they moved towards their room.

Everyone was having dinner silently as no one dared to speak a word. Aarohi didn't felt real awkward because at home most of the times she had dinner alone. But when she was with her parents during dinner, she wouldn't stop speaking anything.

After dinner everyone went inside their rooms respectively. Aarohi also went inside and minutes later Avinash entered as well. She rolled her eyes and took the pair of her night suit and changed into it. It was tank top with a shrug and full length bottom. She decided to not wear thigh length right now. She entered back in the room from changing room and stood in front of the mirror.

She opened her hair which were made in bun and saw that Avinash was lying on the bed with his laptop and was working on it. She again rolled her eyes and took the pillow from the bed and went towards the couch. She laid down without a blanket and then took her phone scrolling through Instagram.

"Why are you lying over there?" Avinash asked as he noticed her as she looked at him "So do you expect me to sleep with you on the same bed?", she said and again looked at her phone as he replied "Then I'll sleep on the couch. Anyways I've a lot of work to do so I don't think I'll be able to sleep" he said as she replied looking at her phone "No need. I don't want to touch any of the property that belongs to you. This couch, my father gave as a gift and it's sufficient for me"

He sighed "Then what about the closet and bathroom you'll be using?" He decided to argue a little so that she takes her anger out on him to make her feel light but she replied in normal tone "Stuffs belongs to me. Make a bill at last of the month for staying in your room and using your bathroom. I'll join any part-time job and pay you back"

He sighed in defeat and continued to do his work. Aarohi kept her phone aside and turned to other side that her back was facing the bed. Avinash kept on looking at her until he was confirmed that she was asleep. He stood up and went towards his closet and bought a blanket for her. He covered her from the blanket and then drew the curtains so that she won't feel cold. He then switched off the lights and turned on the lamp near his side on the bed.

He was tensed in his own work. His company faced great loss of 2 crores as someone leaked the idea of their upcoming project on internet. The Malhotra enterprises saw it first and buyed the idea from that man for the cost of 50 lakhs only. The article has out where Piyush Malhotra, one of the best businessman and rivals of Thakur made the statement and claimed the copyright of his idea as theirs.

Also the land in Lucknow that he wanted to sell was brutally damaged. The soil was of no use now and the building couldn't stand up on that land now. And with these problems, the new problem was his wedding with Aarohi. First of all, Aarohi is younger than him and her safety is what matters the most since she is now a part of his family.

Since he got to know how she was injured back then, he knew that there definitely is a link between the guy who shot her and the loss Khanna and he are facing. All he wants is to find the culprit as soon as possible before it gets to late to rebuilt the company that his great grandfather had started.