24

Aarohi's POV

He just left me by saying 'It's fine, let's go'. Like who the fuck gives such compliments? Asshole.
I followed him downstairs and then we sat in the car and reached our destination within 20 minutes. The media attacked our cars likes leaches. I just hate them. Our whole family will be present here because this is more like a party thrown by us for our western investers.

Security held the media as the driver stopped the car at the entrance and the media made way for us. The guards put the rope from one pole to another not allowing any media to come near us for at least 100 metres. Avinash asked me to wait as he went down and buttoned his suit and he was having his glasses on for which he was very famous. He moved towards my side which was facing the media and entrance as he opened the door and stretched his arms for me to come out.

I gladly accepted and with a smile I came down the car as the media went insane as if it wasn't normal couple thing. We interlinked our arms and did few photoshoots before entering inside the venue. Inside was way too calm, classical tune was playing in background soothing the environment and there weren't many people. One by one they came forward to meet us and I knew only few since I used to sometimes join my brother or my father in these business party.

I spotted one of my friend who I used to meet during business party. I removed my arms from Avinash's and excused myself since he was talking to someone and I was bored listening to his talks. I went towards the guy and tapped his shoulders as he was standing alone sipping on his alcohol with his back facing me.

He turned and was shocked "Aarohi?" He said and then gave me a hug as I smiled "It has been so long Tanmay, how have you been?" I asked as he replied "I've been great but I'm so happy to finally see you again joining these parties. You're here with your husband?" He asked glancing at Avinash who was actually staring at me, more like glaring but I ignored him and nodded to him.

"We haven't talked for so long. How's studying going? How are Mr. and Mrs. Khanna? I haven't seen your brother as well" he said as I sighed "Everything and everyone are perfectly fine" I said and then we talked for hours, and more like we laughed at his silly jokes.

Our talk was interrupted by Avinash who entered in between us "Mind if I take my wife Mr. Tanmay" he said as Tanmay nodded and he dragged me through my waist towards family. I saw Rishi Bhai, Maa and Dad there and my family was also present but didn't bothered to even meet me. It gave an ache in my heart.

"Aarohi, do you think it's good idea to introduce Ananya right now?" He asked as I nodded "Where's she?" I asked as he said "There" he said as I looked to see she just entered the venue. She was wearing beautiful mid length dress as I smiled and hugged her. In short time she had become my best friend. "I'm nervous Aarohi" she said as I smiled "I'm here don't worry okay?" She nodded and then we moved towards our family.

She stood beside Rishi Bhai as I stood beside her as Maa said "Who's she Aarohi beta? Your friend?" As I sighed and nodded "Yes Maa she is my friend and.." I took a pause looking at Rishi Bhai and from his face I can tell his heartbeat might be going insane "And?" Avinash said as I also gulped feeling scared "And, Rishi Bhai's girlfriend" I said as there was a moment of silence among them.

They all looked at each other while Ananya held my hands tightly as I gave her a small nod when Avinash dragged me to a corner "Aarohi what the hell is this?" He whispered yelled at me as I frowned "What? Rishi Bhai truly loves her. And we couldn't find a better day that today" I said as he shook his head

"Aarohi, Aarohi, you are not understanding. Why did you bring her in this party? You know there is media outside and if they get to know a little bit about this, they'll make her life hell to live" he said as I sighed "See Rishi Bhai is there to protect her. He loves her truly and wants to marry her" and then I jerked his hand and went towards the family. No one shared a word as the party got ended. Ananya was about to cry as Rishi Bhai took her to her home through secret passage.

Everyone was now sitting in living room waiting for me to speak and soon Rishi Bhai joined us after dropping her and sat on the couch beside me "Care to explain what you both did there" Dad said in stern voice as I gulped "D-Dad I love Ananya" and a slap echoed in room as I was left shocked seeing Avinash slapping Rishi.

This made my blood boil and he was about to again slap him when I pushed him back "What is wrong with you Avinash?" I said and this will be the first time I'm taking his name as he looked at me with furious eyes "He has gone mad. Don't you know that our family doesn't support love marriage shit. For how long have you been dating her? And why so sudden you want to marry her? She doesn't even belong to our community" he said as I didn't knew my husband has such a cheap and backward thinking.

"Avinash are you out of your mind? Is it wrong to love someone huh? Can't you see how he is feeling. He feels heartbroken and do you think after breakup you all will force him to marry and he will be happy? Maa, Dad, aren't you seeing me and Avinash? Are we like a lovely birds? It might take us time but do you think Rishi Bhai will be able to forget his first love that he will leave for your sake?" I asked as Avinash spoke

"Some traditions are good to be maintained Aarohi. We can't normalise everything" his growling voice made me scared but if it's not today then it's never. I can't let anyone live a life like me where it's one sided love. I don't want that the girl like me who will be forced to marry Rishi Bhai will love him just like I love Avinash and Rishi Bhai will ignore her love just like Avinash ignored mine.

"I know some traditions aren't meant to be broken but are these traditions above the happiness of your brother? Maa you tell is it above the happiness of your son? Dad? Tell me?" I asked as they said nothing.

Rishi Bhai held my wrists "Leave it Aarohi. These people will never understand. I'll marry any girl just like Bhai did. But just like the relationship Bhai and Aarohi are having, it will be same for me. You guys can't notice but I can clearly notice how much emptiness their relationship has. They are more like friends but not like husband and wife. I'll also be friend with my future wife but I'll never make a child with her just like these two couldn't" he said pointing me and Avinash as I was in shock right now.

He knew the reason all along and now he told our parents too which will now cause trouble in both of ours life. "Bhai, thank you for the slap, it opened my eyes. I saw how all of you are actually like Khanna's. Just behind money and fame. Family is nothing you all care about" he said as I agreed with him this time "Sorry Maa, Dad but I've never expected for you all to be like this" and we both went in our rooms respectively.