36

Aarohi's POV

In a blink of an eye a month passed. It was so quick and I've finally recovered. It is our anniversary today but I think Avinash had forgotten because he has been in his office since morning.

The first thing I did this morning was to pray to god. He was with me when no one was and my faith in him is like a blind person and he never guides me wrong. I made prashad for everyone as Maa and Dad wished me for it. Rishi Bhai and Ananya did the same as Anish, their son wished me too.

Spending time with Anish has been my favourite but I have worked from home as well. I've established my company in India as well and I asked the employees from New York to kindly shift here and the employees here will be sent to New York to gain experience. We need skilled people in our company to increase the economy of our own country.

It was evening as I was playing with Anish "Ani, listen to Badi Maa please. Just one bite of your food and then we will go and play with Bruno okay?" I gave him the greed of our dog because he loved Bruno a lot. He immediately took the bite and ran in the garden as I followed him. "Don't run beta you'll hurt yourself" I said and then we reached the garden. The garden had swings as Anish called me "Badi Maa, come na, let's play on this." He said and sat on one of the swings as I pushed slowly from back to receive giggles from him. He's damn cute.

As it was getting dark we both went inside and then I went to my room. He had really forgotten about our anniversary. I've been waiting for him since morning but he isn't here yet. I had a meeting scheduled for today but i cancelled it. I decided to overview some work files as I took a bundle of files and sat on the desk.

Suddenly Ananya entered and yelled at me "You're working again? Can't you just leave this work when it's your anniversary? Maa is throwing a party for you in Blue Moon hotel. They've left already. Now close these files and get ready. Avinash will be here in a while and tell him about the plan and then you both get ready and get there okay? I'm leaving with Ani and Rishi" she said as I nodded "Yes Ananya I got it. Now go" I said as she left.

I sighed "He really forgot about this day" I again opened my file and after thirty minutes he came inside. Coat in his hand as he was talking on call. He hung out the call "I'm hungry, let's go" he said as I sighed "We have to go to Blue Moon hotel, everyone is there already and I was waiting for you" I said with no excitement

"Hotel? Why?" I rolled my eyes "Just get ready. I'm going to get ready too" I said and closed my files and went inside the closet. I decided to wear the saree which was just the first one to hang upon the closet. I came out to find out he was not there in the room so I decided to check in the living room. He wasn't even there when my phone buzzed with a message. It was from him 'Come to the garden' as I moved towards the garden.

There was no one in the garden but I decided to move towards the area where only me and Avinash used to spend some time. As I moved closer the lights started turning on and the moment I reached there I saw him standing there in his formal attire with hands in pockets and a huge smile. I frowned and then looked at the board aside which read Happy Anniversary.

I smiled widely and moved towards him quickly to embrace him as he slid his hands behind my back hugging me securely "I thought you forgot it" I said as he chuckled and caressed my cheeks with his one hand as the other one was still on my waist "I can never forget this day Aarohi. The day when we both got tied together. Maybe that time it was a forced one, but this time we will give ourselves a fresh start in our relationship. Let me court you, take you on dates, spend my Sundays with you like every couple does" he said joining our forehead as I nodded.

"I love you" he said as I couldn't stop smiling "I love you too" i responded as he leaned closer until our lips came in contact. The first kiss we had held emotions of sadness, the feeling of last goodbye but this one had a fresh start, it felt as a bond of forever love and this time we would do everything that we couldn't in our past time

He looked at me with the eyes that held nothing but love "I think we should go before Maa comes here to beat the shit out of us" I said as he chuckled and nodded. We interlinked our fingers and the smile never left our face. We were officially the couple, the real couple which people would adore.

I love you Avinash Thakur.