33

Aarohi's POV

After Ten years. After ten fucking years. And he was finally in front of me. I've watched him over TV's and news and that was enough for me. But not anymore. He is in front of me now and I need no one else than him. It took ten years of hard work for me to build this company. My brother helped me a lot in my studies. I came to New York to complete my studies because in my country everyone knew me as Thakurani a.k.a Mrs. Aarohi Avinash Thakur.

A few years were hard for me but eventually I did some part time jobs and then later my brother and his family shifted as well. Everything went smoothly. There were ups and downs but my company is now known in the top 70 companies of the world which is a great thing for me.

We finally decided that I'll go back home. I'm somehow nervous and excited as well to meet everyone. How will they react? I was in my mansion with Avinash as he entered. My brother was shocked to see him here "Avinash?" He said and then my brother's daughter, Ishika came running towards me "Aarohi, you're back" she said in her American accent.

She was born in New York so she's not much good in Hindi. "Yes my love" I took her in my arms as she looked at Avinash "Who's he Aarohi?" She asked. "He is my husband and your uncle, love." As she extended her arms. Avinash gladly took her small palms in his "Nice to meet you Uncle. I'm Ishika. Mumma and Dadda and Aarohi call me Ishi. And since you are Aarohi's husband you can call me that too" she said in her cute voice as he chuckled "Yes Ishi. It's a pleasure to meet you. Myself Avinash" as she nodded "He's handsome Aarohi" she whispered in my ears but it was audible to everyone as they chuckled.

"I know" I said rubbing my nose with hers. "Come sit Avinash" my brother said as we all settled. I told him about my return to India as they agreed and decided they will return next year as well since they don't want Ishika to get used to this American lifestyle. They want her to learn our culture to which I completely agree. We were busy in chit chatting when Avinash excused himself to take a phone call.

"Aarohi do you think it's a good idea to return? I mean will your family accept your sudden appearance back?" Bhai asked as I took a deep breath "I don't know Bhai if they will accept me if I return back but all I know is right now I need nothing but Avinash. I've spent 10 years with his memories which weren't that sweet but enough for me. I want to live a normal life now. I'm tired of running behind everything. I'm successful now and now I also want to have a family" I said as he ruffled my hair

Avinash returned back as he said "Aarohi actually I need to leave for office work. You can pack your bags and let's meet directly at airport okay?" He asked as I nodded. I went to see him off as now I was standing in front of his car. He gave me a slight hug and whispered while tugging my hair behind my ear "I just don't want to leave you even for a second" as I smiled "I'm yours only Avinash." He gave me a hug again and then drove off.

After packing my bags, I was back in living room when Ishi came running with tears in her eyes "I'll miss you Aarohi." She said as I pecked her fluffy cheeks "I'll miss you too sweetheart" and then Bhabhi gave me a hug and Bhai did same "Have a safe journey okay?" I nodded and then i left with my driver.

I was on my way when a message popped upon my screen

Avinash: 'Have you left?'

Aarohi: 'Yes'

Avinash: ' I'll reach airport in 20 minutes'

Aarohi: 'Me too'

Avinash: 'Alright then, we will see each other then. Bye love 💟'

Aarohi: 'Yea, bye 💗'

I turned my music on and closed my eyes. Every memory after my marriage with him flashed before everything blacked out in front of my eyes.