CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

"The Big Tree"

Side story

Mi Joo didn't go outside from that room. She feel hungry and weak. She manage to stand up to look around in that room. She thought that it was a playground by a noble lady because she found some expensive kind of hanboks and hair pins on it. Her attention caught by a broken jade comb. She pick it and use on her hair. "If you're here with me, Eonnie... You will always make me pretty just like you..." She said. And she pick the pink hair pin and put it on her hair.

Mi Joo suddenly felt that there's someone inside the cave so she immediately turn off the light and hide in one corner. She released a breath of relief when the footsteps that she's hearing are gone.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present days

Eon Jin is walking at the palace bridge between the pond and the pavilion hall when she meet Prince Yu Shin at the opposite side of the bridge. Prince Yu Shin make his bow to her to show respect and Eon Jin too.

"Your Highness... Congratulations for conceiving the royal heir." Prince Yu Shin said. Eon Jin let out a small smile. She didn't know but everytime she saw Prince Yu Shin, she always feel uncomfortable. "Thank You, Prince Yu Shin..." She said. Prince Yu Shin smile at her, "I couldn't believe that you will be the Crown Princess, Your Highness... I thought you will be my daughter in law..." Yu Shin said. Eon Jin smile faded. "It's already in the past now, Prince Yu Shin... Woo Sung oppa and me are in good terms, so we must accept what fate decreed and move on." Eon Jin said. Yu Shin smile faded and look at her. He walk closer to her before he speak. "You're being selfish, Your Highness..." Yu shin whispered. Eon Jin look at him with puzzlement. "You already have the Crown Prince that you only steal from Lady Sora and now, you also want my son to stay on your side forever..." Yu Shin said. "I think you're mistaken me, Prince Yu Shin..." Eon Jin said. Yu Shin let out a small laugh. "Really? But I only judge base on what I saw, heard and observe... It seems you're enjoying to have two men at your side, Your Highness..." Yu shin said. Eon Jin started to get annoyed, "Prince Yu Shin... It seems that you didn't like me ever since... But I have no intention to explain myself to you." Eon Jin said and she look at his eyes. "I just don't like the fact that because of you, the Crown Prince has been changed and never listen on my advice, Your Highness..." Yu Shin said."Maybe it's better if there's someone will be the Crown Princess rather than you, Your Highness." He added. "Be careful on your  words and actions...Prince Yu Shin, We still on search who's the real culprit on what happened to me last time... I'm just concern about you." She said. Yu Shin frowned and his smile faded. Eon Jin rolled her eyes and walk passed through him. "Princess Eon Jin... Don't be too arrogant... Here in the palace, you need someone like me for you to survive..." He said. Eon Jin stop from her walk when she heard it. "Rumors can kill a princess just like you, so you better know your place here, Your Highness.." Prince Yu Shin said and walk away from her.

"Your Highness... Are you okay?" Wol Sook said. Eon Jin look at to Prince Yu Shin, "I'm fine, Wol Sook..." She said but she admit that she feel anxious on his last words for her.

Meanwhile, Sora saw Tae Pyung with Man Bok and some of his trusted royal palace guard heading to the forest. She immediately run fast towards the forest.

They stop from their talk when they heard some footstep approaching them. Man Bok and the royal palace guards immediately pointed their swords and they all started when they saw Sora. "Your Royal Highness... It's me..."Sora said. Tae Pyung got shocked when he saw Sora. "What do you want, Lady Sora?" Tae Pyung said. Sora look at him through the eyes, "Can you lend me some time? I want to talk to you in private Your Royal Highness.." Sora said. Tae Pyung look at her, "What for, Lady Sora?" He said. "Please? I just want to talk to you about my mistakes in the past..." Sora said. Tae Pyung let out a deep sigh. "Let her be..." Tae Pyung said to his men.

They went in one corner to have some talk. "Just tell me what you wanted to tell me, Lady Sora... I will listen." Tae Pyung said with a coldness on his voice. Sora feel hurt because Tae Pyung was already changed. "Your Royal Highness... You changed a lot. Your eyes, your actions and now your coldness." Sora said. Tae Pyung let out a deep sigh but he didn't speak. Sora let out a small smile. "I'm sorry about my mistakes in the past... Can we forget about it and let's be friends?" Sora said. Tae Pyung look at her and he didn't feel any sincerity in her words. "If you want my forgiveness, make an apology to Princess Eon Jin first and if she'll accept your apology, that's will I forgive you." Tae Pyung said. Sora smile faded as she gulped. Tae Pyung look at her and walk passed through her but Sora hug him from his behind, "Your Royal Highness... Please don't do this to me... I know you're inlove with someone else now but I'm willing to stay on your side and use me anytime that you wanted." She said and her tears begin to fall. "Just don't be so cold to me..." She added. Tae Pyung let out a deep sigh before he speak. "Lady Sora, I gave you a chance to explain your side and to repent all your wrongful doings but.... I think you didn't learn your lesson yet..." Tae Pyung said and take out her hands on his waist.

Tae Pyung walk away from her without turning back. Sora look at him from a far. "You're the only man that I loved and now, you're the only one who hurting me just like now." She said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

In Eon Jin's dream

"Your Highness.... Did you finish your lesson today?" Mi deok asked. Eon Jin smile and look at her. "Yah! Master Kim want me to memorize it all but my head is spinning right now..." Eon Jin said. Mi Deok release a small laughters. "Please finish it today, Your Highness.... And let's meet at the big tree outside the palace..." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin look at her with puzzlement. "At the big tree?" Eon Jin said. Mi Deok smile as she nodded. "The one that I told you before... Mi joo's favorite playground, Your Highness..." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin smile when she remember it.

"Let's meet there... And I have so much to tell you, Your Highness..." Mi deok said. "I'll wait for you.. make sure to be there, Eon Jin..." Mi Deok said and she suddenly disappeared infront of her.

"Mi Deok!!!" Eon Jin shouted.

End of her dreams

"Mi Deok!" Eon Jin said when she suddenly wake up. Her sweat all over her face anf her heart is pounding. "Your Highness... Are you alright? It seems your having a dream..." Wol Sook said and gave her a glass of water. Eon Jin look at her, "Mi Deok... I dream about Mi Deok... And it seem so real..." She said. Wol Sook wipe her sweat. "It's only a dream, Your Highness..." Wol Sook said. "Mi Deok is already dead..." She said. Eon Jin shook her head, "Ani... I think there's something she wanted to tell me..." Eon Jin said. Wol Sook decide not to speak and to just listen to her.

"Wol Sook, Is there any kind of big tree here outside the palace? I mean surrounds at the palace?" She asked.
"Yes, Your Highness..." Wol Sook replied. "I think I saw it at the west side of gate..." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin recall what Mi Deok told her that night, 'West side... That's it!' In her mind.

Eon Jin immediately stood up and walk fast outside the library and that's what makes Wol Sook startled. "Your Highness... Where are you going? Wait me.." Wol Sook said as she trying to follow her.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Author's note

Sorry guys for delay update... So busy  right now and my body becomes weaker I don't know why. . 🤦