CHAPTER SIXTY Seven

"His selflessness and her selfishness"

Side Story

"Minister Woo Sung... Is there something wrong? Why you want to leave the palace?" King Tae Shin asked. The Queen Dowager and Queen Han Soo also waiting to his answer. Woo Sung smile before he speak. "Nothing, Your Majesty... I just want to live a normal life outside the palace." He said. The Queen Dowager is silently listening. "But I can't let you..." The King said. "Honestly, you're one of the Ministers whom I really trust. So it's hard for me to let you leave the palace." King Tae Shin said. "Let him be, Your Majesty. " The Queen Dowager said. "Eomma..." The King said.

Minister Woo Sung and the King is both looking to Queen Dowager. "Your Majesty, Minister Woo Sung needs time to take a break. You must let him and I know one day, he will come back to us, Am I right, Woo Sung?" The Queen Dowager said. Woo Sung let out a small smile. "I can't promise you that, Halmeoni..." He said. Honestly, he didn't sure when and how to end his feelings over Eon Jin. He thinks that it is a better way, to be far away from her so that he can set himself free from his feelings towards her. He didn't want to have a conflict between him and the Crown Prince because of his feelings towards to his cousin's wife.

The King let out a deep sigh and Queen Han Soo smile and hold his hand.

When the King and Woo Sung ended their conversation, The Queen Dowager invites him to join her for tea at the pavilion. The Queen Dowager wait the servants leave before she speak. "Woo Sung... This talk is between a grandmother and a grandson... So please, talk to me just like the old times when you were young." The Queen Dowager started their conversation. Woo Sung smile and sip his tea. "Arasso, Halmeoni... I also miss our conversation just like the old times." Woo Sung replied. The Queen Dowager look at him then she smile sincerely. "Yes, back then.... You and the Crown Prince are always at my side doing some crazy stuff to make me smile." The Queen Dowager said and she let out a peal of laughter. Woo Sung also laugh when he remembered his childhood with Tae Pyung.

The Queen Dowager look at him. "I know what the real reason why you want to leave the palace." She said. Woo Sung smile faded and avoid his grandmother's eyes. "I can see your feelings towards to the Crown Princess and I know it's hard for you to see her with the Crown Prince, Am I right Woo Sung?" She asked. Woo Sung look at her. He can tell lie to his father but in his grandmother, he can't lie to her. Woo Sung nodded, "Yes, I know I was wrong to still love her and wanted to be with her even she's happy with my cousin." Woo Sung said. "But... I can't control my feelings, I tried so hard not to feel hurt eveytime I saw her with the Crown Prince. I tried to stop loving her, Halmeoni... But I failed." He said. The Queen Dowager feel his pain and saw in his eyes the sadness. She reach his hand and hold it. "Woo Sung..." She called. Woo Sung let out a force smile but The Queen Dowager notice his tears started to filled his eyes. "That's why I ended on this decision." Woo Sung said. "To leave in this place so that the Crown Princess will never be on that kind of rumors again. She doesn't deserve it, Halmeoni... She never cheated the Crown Prince and her heart, her gazed and all of her is only belong to Tae Pyung. She never look to any other man including me the way she look at to her husband." He said. The Queen Dowager let out a small smile. She stood up and hug him. She's tapping his back to comfort him. "You're love for her is a rare one, Woo Sung and it's not wrong to feel that way." She said. Woo Sung started to cry. For the first time there's someone he can talk to regarding on what he feel. "But it's time to accept the fact that she's belong to someone else now. Honestly, I don't want you to leave in this place... But I don't want to see you hurting and in pain." The Queen Dowager said. "Halmeoni..." Woo Sung cried. "You're love is selfless, Woo Sung. I know, Eon Jin knew that too. I know she didn't want you to get hurt and it's also hard for her to be happy knowing that you're hurting. Ir's time to choose yourself now, Woo Sung. Just go, if you have to so that you can move on." She said.

"Do this for yourself , Arasso? And soon, you will find someone who can love you more. And return the love that you deserve, Woo Sung" The Queen Dowager said. Woo Sung hold to her arms tightly as he cry out loud. "Halmeoni.... Thank you for always been here when I need someone..." He said.

Tae Pyung is his listener whenever he has problems but this time he can't share his problem to his cousin. It's a big help for him that there's still someone who can talk to and that is his grandmother, The Queen Dowager.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Wol Sook having a second thought to leave the Crown Princess alone this time. "Are you sure you're okay here, Your Highness?" She asked. Eon Jin look up and she nodded. She's busy on doing some painting for Tae Pyung. "You can go now, Wol Sook... Don't worry about me..." She said and started to paint again. "I'll stay here and wait on your return plus the Crown Prince told me that he will go here to fetch me to have some walk at the market." She said. "Really?" Wol Sook said and she released a breath of relief. "Arasso... But I'll be back as soon as I finish what I have to do and I will tell to the royal palace guard not to leave on their post, Your Higness." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin smile as she wave her hand.

"Wol Sook..."She called. Wol Sook look at her. Eon Jin smile with her pair of eye smile, "I'm going to miss you..." She said and let out a small laugh. Wol Sook smile faded because she feel odd that time. Your Highness..." She called unknowingly. "Yah! I tell you that for you to smile... Aishh.." Eon Jin said. Wol Sook let out a force smile.

When she go outside the door, she look at to it and she put her hand on her chest where her heart is located. 'I know she will be okay...' In her mind.

Sora saw Wol Sook and she immediately hide herself. She saw her making command on the palace guards outside the door and to some royal court ladies of the Crown Princess. Minutes later, she saw Wol Sook walking away from the Crown Prince's chamber. She ready her small knife inside her sleeve and a pack of medicine that's made from Calia flowers. "There's no turning back now, Eon Jin... You're the reason why my life is at mess right now.. Your life and your unborn baby are the payments for what you did to my life." She whispered.

On the other hand, Tae Pyung suddenly feel odd while he's having a conversation between the King. They're having a talk about the appeal that sending General Son to the western border of Silla. King Tae Shin notice that he's being distracted. "Crown Prince, are you okay?" He asked. The Crown Prince nodded, "Yes, Your Majesty..." He said. "You seem so distracted, Waeyo? Is there something wrong?" The King said. "Nothing, I just suddenly think the Crown Princess, Your Majesty." He said. The King let out a small laugh. "Waeyo?" He asked and look at the King with puzzlement. "Nothing, I just saw my younger days through you. When the Queen is not on my sight, I couldn't think anything aside from her." The King said. Tae Pyung pout his lips and his ears are turning red because of shyness. The King let out a deep sigh. "Arasso, go to her. I heard your conversation between you and your mother. It seems you promised the Crown Princess to have some walk outside the palace." The King said. Tae pyung smile widely and he immediately stood up. The King burst out of laughing because of his reaction.

When Tae Pyung is about to leave, the King suddenly feel tightness on his chest and Tae Pyung notice it. "Abeonim... Are you okay? You're so pale?" He asked.