CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

"The Confessions"

Eon Jin woke up in the middle of the night with Tae Pyung sleeping beside her. She remember the red silk envelope that she found inside the box. She slowly stood up to make sure that she'll not disturb Tae Pyung from his sleep. She take her favorite book on her study table. This is where she put the red silk envelope with Mi Joo's portrait. Her eyes widen when she found a letter inside of it. She open it and read it.

Your Highness,

If you're reading this right now, it's either I'm already dead or I manage to escape from the hell. First of all, I want to say thank you for coming into my life... Because of you I started to dream again. To hope that someday, my life with my sister Mi Joo will get better.

Your Highness, I'm sorry.... I know my sin is unforgiven and I deserve to be punish by the heaven but I want you to know that I'm just force to do this for the sake of my younger sister, Mi Joo. They captive my sister to make sure that I will never betray them. At first, My task is to give you a medicine that make you infertile. But Your Highness, I didn't know that you're pregnant that time... I swear when I saw you bleeding, I was so scared that might something happened to you.

I was a coward... I'm sorry.... But everytime I want to back out and tell you his evil plan to you and to your baby, he always remind me about my sister. I'm sorry, Your Highness....

Minister Min.... He's the one who ordered me to do this. I don't know what to do Your Highness... I really don't want to do this, he gave me another medicine again and he order me to add this on your tea. I was hoping that you will not drink the tea that I will give you tonight.... That I can have an opportunity to tell you about it....

Now, you know who is behind on attempt to kill you, please always be careful, Your Highness.... I know the time that you're reading this, I will not be on your side... This is all I can do for you because your my first friend that I have aside from Mi Joo.

Your Highness, please save my sister... I'm begging you to protect her and help her to have a better life... You're the only one I could trust... She's in danger, I'm praying that you will find her...

There's a sample of medicine inside the envelope, and it's made from a rare plant that you can see inside the Min Residence. I hope this will become your strong proof that Minister Min is the master mind on what happened to you...

Eon Jin, Thank you for treating me a human and a friend.... If I have chance to have another life, I will look for you and I'll be your protector and a genuine friend to you....

Mi Deok

Eon Jin cries while hugging Mi Deok's letter. "Mi Deok...." She called.

Tae Pyung heard Eon Jin is crying as he immediately stood up when he didn't found Eon Jin in the bed. He saw her at her study table, crying. "What happened? Are you okay?" Tae Pyung said as he approached her. Eon Jin look up to see him. Tae Pyung wipe her tears and hug her. Eon Jin continue to cry while hugging Tae Pyung. "You can tell me what is it, Eon Jin..." He whispered while caressing her hair. Eon Jin give to Tae Pyung the letter from Mi Deok, "My instinct was right, she's been force to do that, Tae Pyung... I couldn't protect her and that's killing me..." She said. Tae Pyung open it and read it. He got shocked to Mi Deok's confessions. He hug Eon Jin and comfort her as he trying to control his anger towards to Minister Min.