CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT

"Taste of Danger"

Sora is walking at the Crown Prince's quarter hallway as she trying to control her nervousness. Although she felt nervous, her anger and insecurity to Eon Jin is controlling her that time. "The Crown Prince is waiting for you..." She said to one of the palace guard who is on guard to the Crown Princess. "Me? But Lady Wol Sook told me that never  leave my post." He said. "Yah! Who are you to disobey what the Crown Prince's order?" She said. "Just go maybe there's something important that's why he's calling you. Don't worry I'll be on guard to the Crown Princess." She said. The guard look at her, "Are you sure?" He said. "Yes.. I saw Man Bok and he's the one who told me about it." She replied.

When the Royal Palace guard left, Sora smirked while looking at the door. A Royal court lady is about to go inside when she stop her. "Waeyo?" The court lady said. "No one will enter   and disturb the Crown Princess this time." She said. "Yah! Lady Wol Sook told me to always check Princess Eon Jin while she's away." She said. Sora smirked, "But the Crown Prince command us that no one will enter the room except us, because there's some spy inside the palace that wants to harm the royals." She said. "Spy?" The court lady said. Sora nodded. She take the tray with tea from her. "I'll bring this to Her Highness.." She said. The Court lady let her take it from her hand. "Arasso.." She said.

Meanwhile, Eon Jin is searching something when she suddenly saw a customized small size sword with her initial E.J on it. It was given by her second brother Joo Meok on her wedding day. She smile as she remembered that day.

Flashback

"A sword? Yah!" Eon Jin said when Joo Meok gave her his wedding gift. "Yes, it's for your own protection, Eon Jin." Joo Meok said. "We all know that the Crown Prince doesn't like you to be his Princess and... Being a royal, sometimes your life will be at risk." He said. Eon Jin feels pain when she heard it. "You're right, he doesn't want me.." She murmured. "Use that if you feel that you're in danger. I hope the day will not come that you need to use it to protect your life from the Crown Prince itself." He said. Eon Jin look at it then she smile to her brother. "It will never happen, Oppa... Maybe he didn't want me to be his princess but I know, he will never hurt me..." Eon Jin said. "Yah! Don't trust him too much, he's a cold blooded one." He said.

End of flashback

Eon Jin smile, "I told you Oppa... He will never hurt me..."Eon Jin said and her smile is still seen on her face.

"Did I interrupted your thoughts, Your Highness?" Sora said. Eon Jin's heart pounding as she heard that voice. The voice seem so familiar to her. She look up and her eyes widen when she saw Sora. "Sora..." She said. Sora smirked as she's looking at her, "Yes I am... Did you miss me, Eon Jin?" Sora said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Tae Pyung is still on the King side when Queen Han Soo is arrived. "What happened to your father?" She asked. "He suddenly collapsed, Eomma..." He said. Queen Han Soo immediately went to her husband's side and reach his hand. The worry seen on her face. "Eomma... Is Abeonim is okay? He look so pale and it seems he's hard to breath a while ago." Tae Pyung asked. Queen Han Soo caress her husband's face but she didn't speak. "Is everything okay, Eomma?" He asked.

"Physician Kwon is arrived, Your Royal Highness, Your Highness." Chief Eunuch announced. "Let him in.." Tae Pyung said.

Physician Kwon is checking the King. While Tae Pyung and Queen Han Soo is standing at the hallway. "Eomma.. Is there something I need to know?" Tae Pyung said. Queen Han Soo control her tears not to fall and look at her son. "You're father... His heart is starting to get weaken. He always feel his chest tightening and he couldn't breath." Queen Han Soo said. Tae Pyung got shock and he feel that his knees are shaking. "Why you didn't tell me about this?" He asked. "Because he doesnt want you to get worried and focus to the Crown Princess who is now conceiving your royal heir." She said. Queen Han Soo hold his hand. "Crown Prince, listen to me.. This is must be a secret for now. If one of the minister will know about this, they will make an appeal to be replace him as the King." Queen Han Soo said. "I'm ready to be a King if Abeonim's health is already at risk Eomma... So that Abeonim will have a rest and focus on his medication." He said. "You can't be, right now... You're father wants to wait until your child is born." Queen Han Soo said. "But why? He needs to rest and get treated first..." He said. "Because it put the Crown Princess and your child in danger. There's some ministers that wants Prince Yu Shin to be the next King of Silla. Your father thinks that there's a possibility that they will harm the royal baby while he's inside on her mother's womb. If something happened to the Royal baby, You and the Crown Princess as well will face a situation that you didn't deserve" Queen Han Soo said. "What do you mean?" Tae Pyung asked. "You will declared as an incompetent Crown Prince for rejecting concubines and doesn't have an heir and the Crown Princess, is also declared an incompetent Crown Princess for not giving you an heir and she'll be punish to the cold palace for being a neglectful mother, if there's something happen to the royal baby." Queen Han Soo said. "So now you know your father's situation, please protect your position as the future King of Silla and also protect your wife and your heir from danger. Tae Pyung, this is only the beginning, there's so many danger and trials that you will face when you become the King." She said. Tae Pyung let out a deep sigh as he trying to absorb what his mother told him.

"Your Royal Highness... The palace guard Chok is here. He said that you wanted to talk to him." Man Bok said. Tae Pyung turn around with puzzlement. "Is he the palace guard for the Crown Princess?" He asked. "Yes, Your Royal Highness..."Man Bok said. "what are you doing here? I told you not to leave on your post especially in the afternoon." He said. The palace guard immediately bend on his knees, "Im sorry , But Your Royal Highness one of the palace guard told me that you want to talk to me and he volunteer to be on guard to the Crown Princess while I'm away." He explained. Tae Pyung and Queen Han Soo exchanges glances. "I didn't call you! Where's the Crown Princess? Is Wol Sook is already left?" Tae Pyung said and he started to get worried. "Yes, Your Royal Highness.." He said. 'this is not right.... There's Something going on...' In his mind. "You must go now to your quarters, Your Royal Highness. The Crown Princess is all alone right now." Queen Han Soo said.  Tae Pyung immediately dash off from the hallway of the Central Hall follow by Man Bok.

"Chief Eunuch!" Queen Han Soo called. "Yes, Your Highness..." Chi Su said. "Gathered some royal palace guards and follow the Crown Prince to his quarter. I think, the Crown Princess is in danger." She said. Chi Su got shocked, "Arasso, Your Highness..." Chi Su said and he immediately follow what the Queen told him.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

"How's life living here in the palace? I'm sure your happy with the man taht you steal from me..." Sora said. Eon Jin try to control her nervousness. She remain seated as she's holding the sword under her table. "What do you want, Sora?" She said. Sora let out a small laughter, "Waeyo? Are you afraid of me?" She said. Eon Jin took a deep breath before she speak. "Sora stop what you're trying to do. There's no good in making revenge." Eon Jin said. "Who are you to say that to me!" Sora said in her loud voice.

"Your Highness.... Are you okay!?" One of the royal court lady asked from the outside. Sora take one of the sword from the cabinet and point it to Eon Jin. Eon Jin gulped while looking at the door. "Your Highness..." The court lady called her again. "I-Im fine... You don't need to come inside, I'm just having a hard time to my painting." She shouted. "Please go and... Bring me my favorite paint brush, Arasso?" She said. She saw the court lady still standing outisde, "I get it, Your Highness... Just wait for me and I get your paint brush." She said.

Eon Jin released a breath of relief. Sora point harder the sword on her neck. "Sora... Please stop! I'm begging you..." She said. Sora smirked, "Aniyo! I didn't wait this opportunity to stop. I'll kill you and your baby, Eon Jin. I want to see the Crown Prince being devastated just like what happened to me when I lost my father." She said. Eon Jin hold on her sword and she try to get ready on whatever may happen.
Sora pull her hair, "This is your end, Son Eon Jin! Since I met you, you made my life miserable!" Sora said. She sway her sword and is about to hit the Crown Princess when Eon Jin suddenly kick the table and that makes Sora fell to the ground.

Eon Jin stood up and get her sword ready. "You think, I will let you do that? I don't want to hurt you but I also need to protect my child from you." She said. Sora smirked as she stood up. Honestly, she got surprised because she didn't know that Eon Jin has a knowledge on using a sword. "Fine, I will let you fight for your life. But I'll I assure you, today... You're going to die." She said.

'My little Tae Pyung... Please, just hold on there... I'll try to protect you until your father come to save us.' In Eon Jin's mind.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

The court lady is running fast towards the hallway. When she reach the bridge she saw the Crown Prince is running towards to where the quarter is. "Your Royal Highness!!!!" She called . Tae Pyung stop and they meet half way. "Your Royal Highness... I think the Crown Princess is in danger!" She said. "Waeyo? Where she is?" He asked. "In your quarters, Your Royal Highness. She told me the the secret code that Lady Wol Sook told me. She said when I heard it from the Crown Princess itself, I will go to you no matter what happened." She said. "What the Crown Princess told you?" He asked. The court lady look at him, "She said, she's having a hard time on her painting and bring her her favourite paint brush immediately." She said.

Tae Pyung and Man Bok exchanges glances and his heart started to get anxious. "She's in danger!" He said. "Tell to everyone to close all the gates and send some palace guards to my quarters." Tae Pyung command. "You, Man Bok follow me!" He said.