|14| Veiled Revelations ❄️

Log mil jaate hai
Kahani ban kar,
Dil me bas jaate hai
Nishani ban kar,
Jinhe hum rakhna chahte hai
Apni aankhon me,
Kyu nikal jaate hai wo
Paani ban kar.

————————————————————————————

Recap : Ansh and Mishti were discussing Ansh's lover... Let's find out who it is!

————————————————————————————

Mishti's eyes widened in disbelief, her lips parting slightly as she absorbed his words.

"If you loved someone else, why did you marry me?" she asked, her confusion evident in her furrowed brow.

Ansh's smile softened as he reached out to touch her hand. "Remember, you were the one who insisted on marrying me," he reminded her gently, his eyes reflecting warmth as they met hers.

"But it's not fair to you," she insisted, her voice tinged with guilt.

Ansh chuckled, his gaze steady. "Fair or not, if I didn't want to marry you, we wouldn't be here," he assured her, his tone sincere.

Mishti stared at him, her eyes searching for any hint of deception. "What's her name?" she finally asked, her voice tinged with a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

Ansh's smile wavered slightly as he shifted uneasily. "I... I don't know," he admitted, his fingers nervously tracing the curve of his neck.

Her eyebrows shot up in disbelief. She really wanted to slap him on the head to find out what's inside there.

"Pati nahi hota toh sir phad dena tha maine iska" (If he wasn't my husband, I would have split his head in two) she muttered quietly to herself. Ansh glanced at her, raising an eyebrow, but she responded with a tight-lipped smile and a subtle shake of her head, indicating her disagreement without words.

"You don't know her name?" she repeated, incredulity coloring her tone. clearly expressing her disbelief at the situation.

He shrugged, avoiding her gaze. "We've never really spoken," he confessed, his words landing like another unexpected blow.

Mishti blinked, processing this new revelation. This man seemed to revel in revealing one surprise after another. "How could you not know her name if you fell for her?" she demanded, her frustration bubbling to the surface.

He sighed, his shoulders slumping. "It's complicated," he replied evasively, leaving her with more questions than answers.

Mishti rubbed her temples, her mind racing to make sense of it all. She took a deep breath, steeling herself for the onslaught of questions she was about to unleash. "Tell me everything," she insisted, her voice a mixture of determination and exasperation.

Ansh met Mishti's gaze and settled comfortably on the swing.

"When I was 15," he began, his voice soft with reminiscence, "it was early morning, and I was just walking along the road. I happened to glance at a phone booth. The glass was misted over, but someone wiped it with their hand. That's when I saw her eyes for the first time. And believe me, before I could even forget her, those eyes found a permanent place in my mind and heart."