Chapter 2 - the cast meet

This is happening Eve.

You can do this.

Why am I talking to myself in a mirror? I say to myself as I am trying to convince myself into getting to this dinner. I already spent all day worrying about it checking the restaurant's menu to make sure I know what I want beforehand and overthinking wayyyy too much. Sophia was picking me up in 5 minutes to drop me off so I didn't have to worry about driving and at the end of the day I was a broke, fresh out of college 22 year old so I was beyond broke. I needed to get my head in the game and realize that they were just normal people that put their pants on the same way as everyone else. Who cares if I was meeting the star of Elvis, Theseus Scamander, and the biggest producer in Hollywood, they're just people.

"Ok looks aren't everything but right now your looks will make them fall in love with you on the spot, OMG Eve!" Sophia said as she arrived.

I was wearing a gold dress and my favorite accessories to ensure that all I had to do was focus on making a good impression, not worrying about how I looked

"Thank you very much uber driver!" I replied

"If i'm gonna be your uber your payment is letting me borrow that dress." Sophia replied

"Anytime, anything else you need while we're at it?"

"Maybe let me meet your new cast mates?" she said

"Let me meet them first, then I'll get back to you" I said remembering the daunting night ahead of me.

"Eve you got this. Stop worrying and remember to just be yourself. No one can make you feel inferior without you allowing it" She said, noticing the look on my face.

As we arrived at the restaurant I gave her the biggest hug and said

"Thank you for everything, love ya bitch and I'll see you at 12 unless I text otherwise!"

"Love you too, knock 'em dead!" she yelled back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking into that restaurant was the scariest thing I have had to do since I auditioned for this job. We were in a private room at a restaurant in the nicest place in LA. Immediately I was escorted in and few people were there. I saw Steven and Tom to my right, three people I did not recognise making a B-line towards me, and a girl talking to Nate Mann and Barry Keoghan to my left. The three people I didn't recognise were the executive crew who were introducing themselves to me. Tom and Steven walked up. I greeted them with hugs

"It is so nice to finally meet you in person" I said, shaking as I pulled away from Tom who has literally been on my TV screen since I was 5.

"Same to you! You're just as beautiful and bubbly as on zoom! I hope Rob, John and Lisa introduce themselves, their directors, set designers, the whole shebang them and their crew to it all!" Tom replied.

All I could think was that Tom Hanks just called me beautiful WHAT IS HAPPENING!!

"Yes they did, that is so cool that you guys do all of that together!" I say

"Toooom, Steeeveeen!!!" I hear a man's voice call from behind me like he was greeting old friends. As I turn to look I am facing the Austin Butler in all his 6 foot glory.

"Oh! And you must be Eve! It's so nice to finally meet you!"

I JUST GAVE AUSTIN BUTLER A HUG WITHOUT VOMITING

"You too! I mean it's nice to meet you too!" I stutter out.

Omg keep your composure Eve I think you myself.

Tom introduces Austin and me more as they just finished Elvis together and brings us over to the girl standing with Barry and Nate.

"Eve and Austin this is Bel Powly, Nate Mann and Barry Keoghan. Barry, Nate and Bel, this is Eve Whitlock, and Austin Butler." Steven introduces us.

We all reply with some form of I'm so excited, and nice to meet you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the night goes on it's safe to say I'm shitting a brick. I am the only one in this room who doesn't have a stacked resume and as I am standing in a circle with Barry Keoghan, Austin Butler, Nate Mann, Sawyer Spielberg, and Raff Law when our past jobs come up.

"Well, working on Saltburn was awesome, and the Banshees of Inisherin was a crazy experience. I could not be luckier." Barry says in an accent I can't help but admire.

I take a big sip of my vodka diet coke as Austin explains his stacked background, Nate brings up his broadway days, Sawyer talks about his behind and in front of the camera experience, and Raff (the SON of JUDE LAW) talks about his modeling and suddenly everyone is turned to me.

"Well this is my first job, but I did some musical theater in high school" everyone chuckles, "and I just graduated from Columbia with a computer science major." I say

Barry is hysterical saying, "So you get a degree in computer science and decide to become an actor. How does that work?"

"I don't really know." I am trying so hard to seem nonchalant, "I guess I have always kind of been drawn to the acting world and just decided to submit some auditions out of college and got really, really lucky."

"That's not luck, that's talent." I hear an unfamiliar but British voice say from a little too close behind me.

"Callum!" Austin beams with excitement

"I'm Callum Turner and I'm assuming you must be the infamous Eve Whitlock?"

DID CALLUM TURNER JUST CALL ME INFAMOUS!?

"Yes, nice to meet you!" we go in for a hug and I can barely stand.

HE'S SIX FOOT TWO AND BRITISH SOMEONE SEDATE ME!!!

Our eyes linger a little too long for me to hold my sanity so I turn to Tom and Steven who are trying to get everyone in their seats.

 Authors Note: This is so fun! Vote and let me know if you guys have any recomendations!