Chapter 11 - Papparazzi

We left the Plaza to set on our NYC adventure. I was wearing low rise jeans and a pink top and Callum was wearing a hoodie and jeans. 

He had his hood up and a mask on to prevent getting swarmed by paparazzi

He had his hood up and a mask on to prevent getting swarmed by paparazzi. We took the subway to Chelsea where we got coffee from Do Not Feed Alligators cafe which has the best lattes and they even have a bar in the back. I got a matcha latte and Callum got a vanilla latte. We strolled through Chelsea Market and along the high line. Callum had his arm around my shoulders making me get butterflies but also gave me a sense of security.

"So you grew up in California, moved across the country for college, where you got your degree in computer science. How the hell did you become an actress?" Callum asked me

"I honestly don't know." I say "I got an agent senior year of college to try and do commercials over the summer to earn some money because I knew I was going back to LA. Long story short I auditioned for Masters of the Air and somehow got it. I even had a job lined up at Apple to be a developer. It took me months to decide that I wanted to pursue acting, and I think I have always just been drawn to the red carpets and awards shows, however, the paparazzi can wait."

"I think it's amazing that you knew what you wanted and you took the risk. A lot of people would just take the safer route." Callum responds

"How did you get into acting?" I ask, looking up at him.

"I've always loved it. I was probably going to become a primary teacher if I didn't. My first dream actually was to become a professional footballer but I was never good enough." he replied

"Oh my God you would've been the best teacher ever! I could picture you in a 3rd grade classroom and all the kids calling you Mr. Turner" I said the last part in a British accent making him laugh. We get on the subway to take it to Luigi's and Callum's arm hasn't left my shoulders.

"I was thinking, what if we get the pizza, some drinks, and then go to central park?" Callum says.

"Sounds good to me." I reply, not really caring what we do as long as it's with him.

We reached central park and sat on a bench with pizza and beers, one of the most American things to do on the planet. When we finished eating we threw everything away and suddenly it started to rain.

"Ah shit." Callum says as he grabs my hand and takes me under a canopy. My hair and clothes are damp but when I reach the canopy my face ends up 2 inches away from his. Butterflies the size of pigeons sink into my stomach as he grins and puts one hand on my cheek and the other on my lower back. His touch feels electric and my mind is moving a thousand miles a minute. The tension and lust between us is enough to cut with a knife but the fear of losing the friendship scares me. His head lowers to meet mine as his lips touch mine. I immediately follow his lead and the passion in the kiss is enough to make my mind stop moving. I pull away and smile as I meet his eyes and step back into the rain pulling him with me. My hands move from his chest to his neck and he grabs my legs and lifts me up. It felt like I was living in a movie. I had never felt so much electricity from a touch and a kiss. The rain came down on us but all I could feel was him. The moment was perfect and the softness yet aggression in his lips made my heart pound. Of course to cut the moment short however my phone started blaring in my pocket. I pull my head back but put my forehead against his as he puts me down. I pull my phone out to see Austin's contact calling me.

"Why does Austin always interrupt us!?" Callum says, laughing. We go under the canopy again but Callum's arms stay wrapped around me.

"Hey Austin what's up?" I ask as I answer the call.

"I'm finishing up here and was wondering what your guys's plan was. Our flight tomorrow is at seven by the way." Austin says. I look at Callum to see what he wants to do.

"We just got pizza but I think we're gonna head back to the hotel. Early morning tomorrow." Callum responds

"Alright sounds good I'll be back in 30." Austin says as I hang up the phone.

"Now where were we?" Callum says as he turns me against the wall and we makeout until we're interrupted again but this time it's by something not good. Paparazzi.

"Shit!" I say knowing that if these photos get out it would cause mayhem. Callum blocks my face with his hand and puts his hood back up with his mask and walks us into a public restroom in central park.

"Do you think they saw our faces?" I ask

"Well they definitely saw mine but maybe yours was hidden." Callum says pacing the bathroom.

"What do we do?" I ask anxiously

"I mean there's nothing we really can do, we just have to wait it out. I'll text my publicist and maybe she can get a hold of the photos before they're released." He says, looking at me. I start to bite my nails, anxious about what could happen.

"I'm so sorry Cal." I say my eyes are glazing over.

"Hey, hey, why are you sorry." He says coming over and wrapping me in a hug "I don't regret a thing, ya it sucks that we got paparazzi'd, but I really like you Eve, like really like you. You're hilarious, you're kind, you're absolutely stunning and you're unlike anyone I've ever met." He says as look up at him and smile as a tear falls down my face. He uses the pad of his thumb to whipe it away.

"You're ok I guess." I say laughing as his hand finds the small of my back again and our lips meet one last time.

"So how do we get back?" He asks