Chapter 2 - The Book

Agneya soon left the chamber to go back to his room and thought about the maid who was injured by him.  Now he realised why she didn't heal quickly.  It's because they don't have any power.  He felt guilty for using his power over a powerless person.  He reached his chamber and laid down on his bed and soon went to sleep due to his tiredness.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Akashpura (Space Kingdom)

Next Morning

A girl who was barely 18 years old came running to a room and started waking up another girl saying, "Rajkumari!  Wake up.  Quickly, there is an urgent news for you".  The sleeping girl woke up slowly and looked at the window to see that the sun has not risen yet.  She then turned towards the other girl who woke her up and said, "Why did you wake me up Damini?  It is not even Morning yet.  You know very well right I usually wake up right after the sun rays fall on me?". 

Damini, who was her maid, sighed and said, "Rajkumari Please listen to me carefully.  There is a very big news which is spreading like wildfire".  Before she could continue, Rajkumari climbed down the bed while cladded in her night dress which is a soft cotton skirt, blouse and dupatta.  Rajkumari tired to clear her eyes out of sleep and then asked, "Continue".  Damini said, "Finally the Pranyakta Royalty got the next King in line for the throne".  All the sleep flew away from the eyes of Rajkumari and she turned towards Damini and asked, "What do you mean by that?  They were not ready to crown Rajkumar Megnath or Rajkumar Dakshesh stating that they don't have all the powers and it would make some kingdoms left out as they don't have those powers.  Now how come they got the next King?".

Damini answered, "I don't know about that Rajkumari but I got to know that our King, your father has received letter from the Pranyakta Royalty that they are invited to attend their court today and they will introduce the next King".   Seeing her Rajkumari in thoughts, she placed her hand on her and said, "Charu!  Don't think much about this.  Whoever be the King, Our life will go on as usual".  Charu calmed down a bit and went to get ready.  After getting ready for the day, she went to Puja(Prayer) room to start the Puja of TriMoorthi(The Three Gods -  Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva).  She took the Aarti Plate to circle it in front of the Gods' statues when it was harshly snatched from her hands by her very own elder sister, who is just a few minutes elder than her. 

Charu exclaimed, "Rashmi, How can you snatch the Aarti plate in between the Puja?  Its inauspicious".  Rashmi just smiled at her sarcastically and said, "You didn't even start the Puja Charu.  So it is not inauspicious".  Saying so, she immediately started the Aarti while singing some Bhajan (Prayer songs).  Just then their mother entered the room and smiled looking at her daughters who were already up and doing Puja even before she got there.  Charu didn't make any ruckus out of this as she didn't want to spoil everyone's mood early in the morning with such fights.

Later both Charu and Rashmi attended the Royal breakfast with their father and mother.  The King of Akashpura doesn't have any brothers so their family is small.  Everyone sat for breakfast while the King was very monotonous and didn't greet anyone.  Everyone had their breakfast and then they moved to the court.  The King, Rajendra sat on the throne and to his left sat Rashmi on the throne of Crown Princess, followed by the other ministers.  While to his right, it was the Queen and Charu.  King Rajendra announced that he will leave for the Pranyakta court today as there will be an announcement regarding the next King.  Ministers were surprised and were eager to know the next sequence of events.

After the King left, Rashmi addressed the court of ministers and said, "I have ordered the Royal Kitchen to prepare feast for all of you.  So please wait and have it".  The ministers grimly nodded and went away from there.  Rashmi smirked at their backs and went to her chamber while thinking, "Even if these ministers were not happy with me, they can't disregard the fact that it is only me who has inherited the level 2 powers and next-in-line for the throne.  Also they are very much in need of my brain in many matters.  So they cannot disobey me.  Once I complete my training from the Pranyakta academy, then I will be even more capable of having the throne".

The Queen and Charu also moved to their own chambers when a maid greeted the Queen on her way and said that the Goldsmith came to deliver an order to the King.  The Queen allowed him to come and he gave her a piece of Jewellery and said, "The King had ordered this to present Rajkumari on her birthday".  Queen admired the work with a bright smile and said, "It's really a great work.  But there is only one piece".  The Goldsmith replied that the King had ordered for only one.  The Queen felt bad and dismissed him.  Then she looked towards the direction where Charu went and sighed sadly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

At the same time in Pranyakta Palace

Agneya woke up and it took a few minutes for him to realise the events of the previous day and that he is alone and away from his family.  He promised to himself, "Soon I will come back Baba".  Then he got ready by himself and completed his meditation and then went to the study chamber of Samrat Rajnath, whom he refused to address as his grandfather.  Samrat informed him that he had called for all the 5 Royalties to meet at the court today and he shall announce Agneya as the next King.  Agni was so angry that he shouted at Samrat saying, "How can you decide it without asking my permission?  My work here is to resolve the problem which is created by your enemies, for which you need my powers.  Otherwise I don't have any will to live here".  He was about to go out when Samrat reminded him, "Don't forget that your father had promised me, Agneya". 

Agni turned back to him and said, "If it were my promise, I wouldn't have thought twice about breaking it.  It is my father's promise which is why I'm here.  And I will keep his promise at all costs.  And the promise was to help you defeat your enemy, not to help you rule the Kingdom".  He continued, "Infact I don't understand why you need my help when you have the same powers as me?".  Saying so, he went back to his chamber and went to his own balcony but the vast view of the new world didn't reduce his stress rather it ignited more anger and frustration on him. 

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned back to see that it is none other than Megnath, his cousin.  Agni was silent when Megnath started, "I know you are frustrated over this new world, new relations and rules.  But please hear me out once".  Taking his silence in positive, Megnath continued, "You have just entered this world and got to know about the rules of this realm.  Wouldn't it be an overburden if we simply put all our problems upon you within the first week itself?  And even if we tell you about our problems, would you be able to tackle it using your powers, which you didn't even know existed till yesterday?".

Seeing Agni in thoughts, Megnath replied, "So it would be better if you get to know about the five Kingdoms closely by exploring their places and also get trained in the Pranyakta Academy to sharpen your skills and have a control over your powers.  As far as announcing you as the King is concerned, whether you like it or not, you are our King as per the rules of 'Pranyaka', our Rule Book based on which this entire realm is running".

Agni looked at him and sighed heavily while running his hands through his shoulder length hair.  He really needed a break from all this so Megnath suggested that he should take rest before attending the court which still has more time to start.  He left from there leaving him alone for some time.

Glossary:

Samrat - Emperor
Samragyi - Empress
Rajkumar - Prince
Bratashree - Brother
Bhabhishree - sister-in-law
Mamashree - Uncle (Mother's Brother)
Mamishree - Aunt (Mother's brother's wife)
Bade - elder or big
Chote - younger or small

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Got a bit late but here is the second chapter with a glimpse of the female lead.

Hope you like the chapter.  Do vote and comment.

Thanks,
SM.