Chapter 13 - Powers

Dakshesh felt that this issue is something mysterious and decided to inform Samrat regarding this issue and may be bring Charusheela to the palace as his secondary wife as soon as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Dakshesh narrated Charu's frightening experience with Samrat and Meghnath, he requested Samrat, "Dada Shree (Grandfather)!  I think Sheela is not safe outside.  So it would be better if she enters our palace as my secondary wife as soon as possible".  Samrat knew that he had some big request, when he addressed him as Grandfather instead of Samrat.

Meghnath and Samrat looked at each other and then Samrat replied, "I will let you know my decision sooner.  Now, go back to the Academy.  You cannot travel back home just like that.  The rules are same for everyone". Dakshesh nodded and left the place.

Meghnath said, "Samrat, it seems like some one from the Asuras have managed to get their powers to pass through the forbidden gate.  I think it would be best to bring her to our palace so that we can keep a close eye on her".  Samrat nodded at his words and said, "I too thought the same, Meghnath.  Let's meet Agneya once before declaring this decision.  After all, it's something related to the forbidden gate".

Meghnath nodded and left the place.  Samrat sat on his chair with his head resting on the headrest of the chair and thought back to the day when Rashmi removed the mark infront of him and his family, without an ounce of regret on her face.  Initially he was just angry on her for mocking the traditions and customs.  Later he couldn't maintain the angry posture because she reminded him of his abandoned daughter.

The moment when Rashmi was marked by Dakshesh at a young age, it reminded him of his daughter who was marked by a mortal human, just days after she was born.  Infact, Rashmi's removal of mark instigated an urge to check upon his daughter directly, atleast once and it also sparked a thought about her lineage possessing the powers of the future King of Pranyakta.  Otherwise Samrat may not have visited Rakshatra ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Academy Residence

Agneya didn't leave his seat for the whole day and kept looking at Rashmi who was still sleeping on the bed, without moving an inch, as if she is not breathing at all.   In the evening, Dakini brought some food for him as she heard that there is no servant for Yuvraj according to his orders. 

Agni accepted the plate from her and kept it on the bedside table and then said, "I think I should summon the Royal vaid ji, to check upon her once.  It doesn't seem like normal tiredness".  Dakini got nervous and said, "Yuvraj, it would raise questions as to why you are involving with Rajkumari.  So it's better if you don't summon anyone".

As Agneya was about to refute her, she continued, "Don't worry Yuvraj, I will surely call for Vaid ji, if Rajkumari didn't wake up by morning".  Agni frowned at her words and stood up from his place and asked her infuriated, "Why are you so non-chalant and careless about her? Is there any hidden motive behind your acts?".  Sensing his suspicious stare on herself, Dakini bowed her head and knelt infront of him but her voice never wavered.

Dakini uttered with a calm voice, "Please forgive me Yuvraj.  I'm sorry for not informing you beforehand.  Rajkumari had lost consciousness even before. Many a times, she had regained consciousness within half a day.  But one time, she woke up the next morning only".  Agni believed her words and asked her to get up.

"So Why does Rajkumari lose her consciousness so many times?  Today she was tired of practicing her powers and couldn't retain her energy.  What were the reasons for the other times?  Wouldn't her parents have known about this and helped her prevent such incidents again?", Agneya threw his questions altogether towards the poor maid, who couldn't decide whether she should let him know the truth or not.  Finally she decided to come clean to him since he is her Rajkumari's soulmate and she doesn't want any kind of mistrust or misunderstanding between them.

Dakini replied, "Yuvraj, the first time Rajkumari became unconscious for a long time was when she got to know the truth about her sister's betrayal.  And that was the longest time she had been unconscious.  Everyone in the Akashpura palace was anxious because Samrat was about to visit the next day for officially announcing the entry of Rajkumari Rashmi into their Royal family of Pranyakta".

Dakini looked up at him once to check whether he feels any kind of discomfort and after seeing no change of expression, she continued with a sigh of relief, "And when she woke up the next day, she was so furious that nobody, even Samrat couldn't calm her down and ultimately, she cut off the mark from her arm".  Agneya found it mysterious that she was unconscious for almost a whole day but  it was before the removal of mark and not after the removal.

Before Agneya could question his doubts, Dakini continued, "After that incident, she fell unconscious a few times but not for too long that we couldn't hide from others.  But those were due to her intense use of powers which is not known to anyone, not even me".  Agni looked at Rashmi once and then asked, "After removing the mark, did she fall sick?".

Dakini frowned at his question and thought for sometime and said, "Actually Yuvraj, we thought it would heal as they have great healing powers embedded in their blood.  But the wound remained as it as for some weeks before it became a scar.  Thankfully, she didn't feel any pain, probably due to the healing powers.  That's it".

Agni just walked around the room, still thinking back on the information he got from the maid and looked at sleeping Rashmi with an unreadable expression.  He sighed looking at her sleeping innocent face and thought to himself, "This girl is definitely hiding something big.  But I shouldn't force her to spill her secrets.  All I can do is wait till she tells ne herself".

As Dakini was standing there awkwardly, Agni said, "I will leave the chamber for sometime and will return back after dinner.  You can clean her up if needed".  She nodded at his words and soon he disappeared through the portal.

Later at night, Agneya was sleeping on the couch when he heard murmuring sounds beside him and woke up immediately.

Glossary:
Samrat - Emperor
Samragyi - Empress
Rajkumar - Prince
Bratashree - Brother
Bhabhishree - sister-in-law
Acharya - Master/Teacher
Mamashree - Uncle (Mother's Brother)
Mamishree - Aunt (Mother's brother's wife)
Bade - elder or big
Chote - younger or small

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Sorry for late update. I was trying to get the same word count as the other chapters but fell short of 300 words.

Word count: 1200 (approx)

My first two books were only 1000 words per chapter and RRR was the first book with 1500 words per chapter.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.