Chapter 7 - Sarvayogita

Samrat told, "This place is announced as forbidden land so that no one who joins the academy comes here.  The main reason is that these asuras have powers to control their minds and get their work done through them.  So we wanted to avoid any kind of chances for that.  None of the Kings even know that the power of our ancestors which locked this door is getting weaker and weaker.  They don't know anything about how this should be destroyed forever to remove the threat altogether.  Meghnath is the only one apart from me, who knew about this".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Agneya sighed while looking at the door and then saw the portal opened by Samrat again.  So he questioned, "How do you create that portal or door?  Whatever it is".  Samrat chuckled and said, "There should be some advantages if you get all 5 elemental powers right?".  Both of them entered the portal and came back to the Academy residence for men.  Then Samrat said, "The portal and other kind of Powers which is exclusive for the King, can only be attained after you get the ability to concentrate all your elements to one place or object.  You will learn it eventually".

Agneya reached his chamber, devoid of any maids, only to find Dakshesh waiting there.  Immediately he asked, "Why are you here?".  Dakshesh frowned at his rude tone and said, "Why are you asking me like a stranger?  I thought we have become comfortable around each other?".  Agni sighed and said, "I cannot become comfortable in just a few days.  It takes a long time for me to become comfortable around someone or befriend someone.  I do agree that you are my cousin and I respect your brother for his excellence in administration.  But that's the limit for me". 

Dakshesh sighed but still settled down on his previous chair and said, "Let me be for a few minutes.  Then I will leave".  Agneya wondered what was the reason behind his sad look but stopped himself from overstepping the boundaries that he set for himself.  Agneya silently continued his work like cleaning himself up in the bathroom and came back in the room.  Just as he laid down on the bed, he heard Dakshesh ask, "Agni, Don't you think this Love makes even the bravest of warrior into a weak man?".

Agni closed his eyes and said, "No, I don't think so.  To the extent I have seen, Love just makes you strong.  Irrespective of whether he is a warrior or a peasant.  But there is a secret which many men don't know".  Seeing Agneya's lethargic pose, Dakshesh impatiently asked, "What is that secret?".  Agneya turned his position in the bed and faced away from Dakshesh and then said, "Its Devotion towards your spouse.  I have seen how my parents' relationship made both of them strong.  It's their devotion towards their spouses". 

Dakshesh shrugged and said, "It's expected off every wife to be devoted towards her husband.  What is different in that".  Agneya turned to look at him and said, "If it is one sided then it is bound to be weak.  You might have missed it but I said that devotion must be from both sides.  Even my father was devoted to my mother and that was the root of their relationship". 

Dakshesh stood up from his side and said while nearing Agni, "So you suggest that I become a slave to my wife and forever be a subordinate to her?  No way".   Agneya, while still laying down on the bed put his both hands behind his head and said, "You cannot understand it.  So its better leave it".  Dakshesh left the chamber leaving Agni in his own thoughts.  Talking about his parents, brought their memories again and left him feeling empty once again.  Even when he stayed away from his home during Gurukul, he never felt this empty feeling.

Agneya thought about his parents and manifested a marriage like them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After leaving Dakshesh in the classroom, Rashmi reached her chamber and laid down on her bed and finally let her tears out.  Immediately she heard a voice, "What happened Rajkumari?  Why are you crying?".  Rashmi saw her maid Dakini asking her in panic.  Rashmi wiped her tears and sat up.  Then she said, "Just encountered someone who dug up my past wounds".  Dakini's eyes softened and before she could console her, they both heard someone knocking the door.  Soon after that they heard a voice calling, "Didi!  Please open the door.  I want to talk to you Didi".  Rashmi didn't even move from her place and Dakini too didn't make any motion to open the door.

Outside the door, Charu was continuously pulled away by her maid Damini.  Rashmi asked Dakini to open the door.  Dakini tried to argue against it but Rashmi moved to open the door herself.  Charu's shouting stopped as she saw her sister and immediately started to say her explanation.  But Rashmi showed her hand to stop and said, "Did I ask you for any explanation?  No right.  So stop your drama and leave".  Then Rashmi looked at the other students who were looking at the drama and shouted, "Drama is over.  Leave now". 

Rashmi went inside her room and Dakini closed the door with a thud but not before glaring at her own sister, Damini.  Charu too came back to her room and soon Apoorva and Leela too came to meet her.  Charu refused to meet them as she wanted to be alone and they both left. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

It has been a week since Samrat showed Agneya, the door of Asuras.  In this time, he had been working on improving his control over his powers and also tried to create a portal like that of Samrat, after his classes got over.  They had even got some practical classes.  These practical classes are common for all five classes of students as the techniques involved can be used in different ways for each power. 

Now it is the day of the monthly competition, 'Sarvayogita'.  Not the vast ground is filled with students outside the rope which distinguished the high podium where the participants will fight.  There were 6 different tents outside the ring, 5 for each class where the students were sitting on their wooden seats and the one tent where Samrat, Acharyas and other Royal family members were seated. 

One of the Acharyas announced the first fight of the competition and also informed the one and only rule which is no student should be Killed.  Agneya thought about these words and asked Meghnath who sat beside him, "How can a person be killed here?  All the wounds get healed quickly without even leaving a scar.  Then how will they be killed?".  Meghnath replied, "You are right.  So just stabbing or hitting or poisoning cannot kill a person.  The only way to kill a person in this realm is cutting off the head.  Totally detaching the head from the body will kill them immediately".

Agneya went deep in thoughts about the Asuras, "If a normal person from this world can be killed only in this way, then how can an Asura be killed or destroyed forever".  He came out of his thoughts after hearing the announcement of the first fight.  After a few challenges, Leela from Earth power called for any person from the space power to fight.  It was very unusual for a person from space power to win a challenge as their level of power is lesser than others, except the royal family of Akashpura.

When everyone from the class was sceptical about who to accept the challenge, Charu was about to go up the podium but suddenly Rashmi stood up and accepted the challenge.  As she went up the podium, she felt a gaze on her from the tent of Royals and looked at her side to see the man, whose last meeting made her feel awkward.

Then Rashmi and Leela began their fight which was initiated by Leela, who put a rock wall around Rashmi and restricted her movements but it was blasted by Rashmi's lightening from the sky.  Irritated Leela picked up the spear from the holder kept on the side and directed her power through that weapon, by stabbing it on the ground which cracked from that point and moved towards Rashmi. 

Rashmi used thunder in both hands and directed it on the ground to jump High and came down with a force and landed a punch on Leela, whose face started bleeding.  Soon she healed and used her highest power to make the ground beneath Rashmi to open up and swallow her till her neck and closed it, effectively locking Rashmi in one place with no option to move.

Charusheela stood up from her place anxiously but folded her hands to control herself from intervening the ongoing fight.

Glossary:
Samrat - Emperor
Samragyi - Empress
Rajkumar - Prince
Bratashree - Brother
Bhabhishree - sister-in-law
Acharya - Master/Teacher
Mamashree - Uncle (Mother's Brother)
Mamishree - Aunt (Mother's brother's wife)
Bade - elder or big
Chote - younger or small

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.