Chapter 4 - First Meet

Akashpura

"Charu!  Charu!  Get ready fast", Damini called out for her friend cum Princess, who was taking a long time in the bathroom.  Loosing her patience, she called out again, "Charusheela".

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm coming", Charu shouted and came out in her blouse and skirt.  Then hurriedly draped the saree around her.  Both went out to see the entertainment prepared for the occasion.  Their father had already returned back and everyone enjoyed the dance and song performed by the entertainers.  Later when the Royal family was alone, King Rajendra said, "Next week, the academy is starting the next batch of training for students.  This year, you two are also going to join there.  I have given your names to them.  So prepare for the same". 

Rashmi was ecstatic about going there, so immediately she went to pack her things for the upcoming year.  Charu also started to pack with a troubled expression on her face.  Damini looked at her and kept a hand on her shoulder while saying , "I know what you are thinking Charu!  Don't worry, you will not be shunned by others.  Moreover the Pranyakta Academy is not just about show of power, you can make new friends from different kingdoms as well".

Charu smiled at her friend's effort to uplift her mood and smiled at her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meghnath and Samrat Rajnath started to train Agneya on how to use his other powers.  As Agni had good control over his fire power, he was getting trained on other four powers which had no idea about.  He made some mistakes while controlling the intensity of the powers but by the end of the week, he got a good amount of control over the basic use of his powers.  Still it isn't enough for the next King.

His training included seeing through the water filled in a pool and find objects beneath it through naked eye.  Also transfer the water from one pool to the other by the sign of his hands.  Meghnath got drenched a few times while Agni was practicing this.  Samrat trained him in Air power, where he was given a task to create a tornado.  But unfortunately he couldn't control the intensity due to which it became stronger and even disrupted the things around the practice arena outside the palace.  Ultimately Samrat had to control it.

As for the earth power, he had to uproot a tree by splitting the ground around the tree.    Agni managed to uproot the said tree but the ground splitting expanded even outside the arena.  Next comes the space power, Agni was able to create a thunder but couldn't control it enough to direct it on a particular object. 

Somehow the training was completed by him and now it is a day before the departure to the Academy.  Although the Royal Palace was just two compounds away from the academy, he still has to stay in there as it is a residential academy.  Samrat brought Agneya towards the balcony of the Royal court which gave the view of the other 3 Kingdoms which he hadn't seen on the first day from the balcony of Samrat's chamber.  Samrat pointed towards the third ring on the hill where the Academy is situated on the other side of the ring.

Samrat said, "That is the place where all our problems are rooted".  Seeing the old door covered by creepers, Agni asked, "Is that the No-man's land you were talking about?  The one where the spawn of the enemy was locked by you?".  Samrat nodded his head and said, "It's half truth only.  It is the No-man's land which I told about.  But I haven't locked any spawn over there.  This door has been locked for almost 10 generations now".

Agni frowned at that and said, "If no spawns are locked in there, then why is it locked for so many years?".  Samrat explained him about the truth behind the locked door and cautioned him.....