Chapter 8 - Winner

Rashmi used thunder in both hands and directed it on the ground to jump High and came down with a force and landed a punch on Leela, whose face started bleeding.  Soon she healed and used her highest power to make the ground beneath Rashmi to open up and swallow her till her neck and closed it, effectively locking Rashmi in one place with no option to move.

Charusheela stood up from her place anxiously but folded her hands to control herself from intervening the ongoing fight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Leela kept Rashmi still under the ground and if Rashmi couldn't defend herself within next 2 minutes then Leela will be declared as a winner.  Seeing Rashmi struggling, the other students of Earth power started to cheer for Leela but suddenly a lightening stroke Leela and she fell down.  Then everyone went silent and saw that lightening, which was coming from Rashmi's eyes, carving a semi circle around Rashmi and relieving her from the rocks. 

Rashmi with one strike tied the hands of Leela with the lightening and kept the leash on her hold.  After 2 minutes, Rashmi was declared the winner, which brought a cheer from Space power Students as well as the Acharya since it has been a long time a student of space power has won.  At the same time, other students were shocked not just because of her win but also the way she controlled her powers through her eyes.  Although it is common for anyone having level 3 powers and in case of Space, common for level 2 power, they have just been taught about this in their previous practical class and she is already using it with such precision is unbelievable for everyone.

After that no-one challenged any other person and left the place.  The group of 4 friends, Jitendra, Vedanth, Leela and Apoorva discussed among themselves about how Rashmi won over Leela and also her powers which they have certainly underestimated.  Vedanth, who is also a member of the Royal family of Vayupura, exclaimed, "We shouldn't let her go easily.  She should remember how inferior she is to all of us".  They saw Rashmi being congratulated by female students of her class and went towards her.

Charu hugged Rashmi and exclaimed, "Didi!  Congratulations on your victory".  Rashmi just rolled her eyes and said, "As the crown Princess of Akashpura, this should not even be counted as a fight for me".  Charu smiled and didn't say anything in reply.  Just then the group of friends reached their tent and Vedanth said, "It's true Rajkumari Rashmi, you are the crown Princess but who will ascend the throne after you?". 

Jitendra said, "Oh Vedanth!  How can you not know?  Hereafter, She won't have any husband and ultimately no descendants. I mean who will marry her after What she had done, am I right?".  Their mocking taunts didn't affect Rashmi and to get a reaction out of her, Apoorva asked, "Do you know Rajkumari Rashmi, almost all of us present in this academy are already engaged.  And as soon as this training gets completed by the end of this year, we all will get married.  Infact even your own sister will go to the palace after this year.  Am I right, Rajkumari Charu?".

Charu was afraid of her sister's reaction as when she tried to explain her, Rashmi didn't listen.  But shattering all their expectations, Rashmi didn't give any reactions.  Instead she replied, "So what?  Enjoy your life just like I'm enjoying it".  Saying so, she went from there, leaving them in shock.  Charu silently left the place still in surprise over her sister's calmness.  The other 4 people were still in shock and Leela asked, "Usually She wears sleeveless blouse and show off her scar as if it's a honour from war.  But today she had worn a complete coat like blouse, what is it with her today?". 

Apoorva replied, "Leave it.  Atleast she got some shame and hid it now.  Good for her".  They left to their respective residences.  Charu reached her chamber and sat on the couch in deep thoughts.  From the past two days everything is happening bizarre.  Especially Last night,  she did almost the unthinkable.  "Thanks to Didi, otherwise I would have committed treason.  But why and how did I reach the forbidden gate in the middle of the night?  And this voice that echoes in my ear every night, who does it belong to?".

Charu was frustrated with all the happenings and decided to rest for sometime.  As soon as she fell asleep, she started hearing voices, "Did you forget me so easily Charusheela?  We had a deal among us, hadn't we?".  Charu woke up with a jerk and sat up on her bed.  "What is that voice?  And why is it calling for me?  Did I do something that attracted some ghosts?", charu thought to herself and was sweating even in the cold weather. 

"How will I sleep now?",  thinking that Charu went to freshen up and sat near her balcony which faces the other side of the academy which leads the path to the forbidden gate.  Thinking about last night, where She walked on this path without her own knowledge, Charu was so scared about staying in the residence.  That's when Damini came and said, "Rajkumari!  You woke up already?  I didn't disturb you as there was still time for dinner.  Now, shall I bring it for you from the temple?".  Charu nodded and decided to have her dinner first.

Rashmi too reached her chamber after the fight and Dakini had already brought her lunch to the chamber.  Rashmi ate it calmly and laid down on her bed.  Thinking about last night, "I expected one thing but what happened was totally different and unimaginable".  Rashmi caressed her blouse clad left arm and thought, "I followed Charu to the forbidden gate last night and stopped her at the right moment when she was about to touch it.  We don't what would happen if anyone touched it but surely it won't be anything good.  Charu looked as if she was hypnotized and was walking without her conscious but once I pulled her back, she came to her senses and ran back to the residence from the gate.  It was very long distance but she didn't care to wait and answer me and simply ran away".

Rashmi turned to the side and watched the unique balcony with a circular window nearby the entrance of the balcony.  The circular window has a couch placed beside it, which she liked the most when they allotted her this chamber for the first time.  Sometimes she even fell asleep on that couch while watching the moon through the window.  She disliked the balcony though, for various reasons.

As Rashmi simply lazed around while laying down, Dakini came in and asked whether she shall bring her dinner.  Rashmi finally came out of the bed and asked her to prepare a bath for her before bringing dinner.  Then Rashmi took a relaxing bath and tied an inner skirt from above her chest till her knees and came out of the bathing chamber.  She had deliberately asked Dakini to go out and didn't let her help in the bath.

As Rashmi pulled down the inner skirt so as to wear her blouse, she heard a noise near the balcony and turned only to see him standing there with his back turned towards her.  She looked down at her naked upper body and then towards him and simply continued her work to dress up.  For the night she chose plain cotton dress with skirt, blouse and dupatta. 

As Rashmi was getting dressed, She asked, "Why did you come here, suddenly?".  He replied without turning back, "To get some answers".  She replied, "You can ask after turning towards me".  He turned towards her who was adjusting her dupatta and slightly turned his head in other direction.  He asked, "I could have waited for sometime till you have dressed up.  Why did you ask me to turn around?".

Rashmi clicked her tongue and said irritatedly, "How does it matter?  It's just a woman body which is same for any other woman.  I wouldn't die if someone sees me naked".  She walked towards him, who was standing near the balcony, while asking, "Now tell me, what do you want to ask?".  As she was nearing him, suddenly a wall of fire emerged infront of her, evidently stopping her from going near him.  He replied while looking into her fuming eyes through a screen of blazing fire, "I think we have somethings to clear".  Rashmi stepped back and waited for him to talk.  He asked, "What were you doing infront of the forbidden gate last night?".

Glossary:
Samrat - Emperor
Samragyi - Empress
Rajkumar - Prince
Bratashree - Brother
Bhabhishree - sister-in-law
Acharya - Master/Teacher
Mamashree - Uncle (Mother's Brother)
Mamishree - Aunt (Mother's brother's wife)
Bade - elder or big
Chote - younger or small

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Hope you liked the chapter.  The first twist about the FL is almost revealed.  And I have one more unbelievable twist which will be revealed near the climax just like it was revealed in RRR.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.