Chapter 9 - Mark

As she was nearing him, suddenly a wall of fire emerged infront of her, evidently stopping her from going near him. He replied while looking into her fuming eyes through a screen of blazing fire, "I think we have somethings to clear". Rashmi stepped back and waited for him to talk. He asked, "What were you doing infront of the forbidden gate last night?".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rashmi replied fiercely, "I am not obligated to tell you". Agneya looked at her sternly and said, "As the crown prince of this Pranyakta Kingdom, I have authority over each and everyone including you. So tell me, why did you go to that forbidden gate? That too, in the middle of the night?". Rashmi stared back at him and asked, "I can ask you the same question. Why did you go to the forbidden gate, late in the night?".

Agneya looked at the stubborn girl infront of him and said with the little patience he had, "Samrat showed me that place and familiarised me with it's significance in this world. And He showed me how to transfer myself from one place to another through the use of portals. So I was practicing it last night. But the surprise was finding you there". Agneya found no problem in saying the truth as he didn't reveal any royal secrets.

Rashmi replied, "With the way You pulled me into the portal and transferred me from the gate to your chamber, it didn't seem like you were using it for the first time". Agneya smirked and said, "I can understand your surprise when you find someone more capable than you. But don't divert the topic, tell me why you went there? And why did you try to touch it?".

Rashmi said, "I followed my sister and reached there. She was trying to touch the gate and I stopped her". The fire which was blazing as a screen between them calmed down. Rashmi felt relaxed now as the hot atmosphere was over. She didn't find any reason to lie before him especially the Crown prince and thought, "May be He knows something which might explain this incident which even her sister couldn't explain".

Both of them could see the truth in the other person's eyes and believed it without a second thought. Agneya thought about her words and sat on the couch just below the window, which was beside the door of the balcony. Rashmi was surprised again and irritated as well and said, "Why are you sitting here now? I answered--", as she was moving towards him closer, once again a wall emerged between them but this time of water.

Agneya replied, "Whatever you want to talk, do it from a distance. I don't like strangers coming close to me physically, unless it's a fight". Rashmi took a deep breath and stepped back and said with a stiff smile, "Yuvraj! Could you please let me know the reason why you are still sitting here? I have already given you my answer right".

Before Agneya could answer her, Dakini came inside the chamber with a plate of food and started talking as usual, "Rajkumari, I have brought you food. Are you done--". Her words stopped in her throat as she saw who was sitting on the couch. She immediately bowed to greet him but saw her hands were full with the plate and a glass of water. Quickly, she placed them on a nearby table and properly greeted him with folded hands, "Pranam Yuvraj!".

Agneya nodded at her and Rashmi went near her to check the food. Then she ordered her to wait outside. Rashmi came to her previous position, standing infront of him at a distance and stared at him waiting for his answer. Agneya made an 'oh' face as if remembering her question and said after removing the water screen between them, "I think I should keep an eye on you so that you don't do anything like that night".

Rashmi was irked at his answer and said, "And I think, you are targeting the wrong person. If at all you want to keep an eye on someone then I think it's my sister, Charusheela. Not me". Agneya rested on the couch sideways with his arms kept on the headrest and said, "Well, you are there to keep an eye on your sister. So I am here". He kept looking at her frustrated face with a smirk on his face.