Chapter 10 - Past

Agneya said while looking at her blankly, "After seeing you hide the mark today by wearing a blouse that covers your whole back, I think we both are having the same thoughts.  That is to keep this as a secret till we become comfortable and compatible with each other.  And after that, we can marry infront of the world.  What do you think?".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rashmi stared at him and asked, "You have been in this realm enough to know about Soulmates, right.  Then you must also have heard about me from the people around you.  Even after that, you want to continue this relationship?".  Agni looked at her sideways and said, "Yes".  She waited for him to explain more and then he continued after sitting up.

"Yes, I want to give us a chance.  I believe in God and I do think there must be some reason why we are soulmates.  So I am going to wait and see where this will take us", Agneya told her.  He thought to himself, "I'm sure this will lead us to our marriage ".  Rashmi was silent but later asked, "Do you know that I had been marked by someone else previously?".

Agneya looked at her stunned as he didn't know about the actual reason why people were so hostile towards her and consciously kept a distance from her.  He didn't want to hear any useless gossip about others so he never asked the reasons from anyone.

Rashmi continued, "The scar which was on my arm, it was the place where I had the mark of a soulmate.  I had the mark for more than 10 years.  And you know the fact that only the members of Royal Family of Pranyakta can have soulmates right.  No other Royal family can have such Mark.  So guess who was my Soulmate?". 

Agneya came out of his initial shock and realised who she was talking about.  Her anger towards her own non identical twin sister and Dakshesh's love for Charusheela, gave him an indication and since there were only two more men apart from himself in the Royal family, Agni easily identified him.

Agneya said with a hardened expression, "It's Dakshesh".  Rashmi nodded at him and continued, "Yes.  I knew about the existing practice of choosing secondary wives apart from soulmates.  And it was not something new for us, so I didn't mind him having other women besides me.  But even then I had to go through the worst kind of betrayal, by none other than my sister.  They had been together for almost 5 years and even my parents knew about it that my own twin sister will become my co-wife".

Rashmi felt her voice choked at the end and Agneya looked at her without any expression on his face although he can see her tough facade breaking.   She controlled herself and said, "Initially I was totally shattered thinking about the betrayal of my own family and cried a lot.  But then", She took a pause to wipe away her tears and continued, "Then I decided to let it go.  I myself had cut off the part of my arm which had the mark.  Now I don't have any connection with him except the one which will be through my sister". 

Once again Agneya was shocked as he stood up from the couch and was rooted to his place.  He never imagined that the reason behind the scar would be this.  He guessed that the scar should have been something unusual as it didn't heal for a long time but this was beyond his imagination.

Rashmi chuckled at his shocked state and said, "I can understand that you might want to rethink your decisions.  You have all the time-".  Before She could finish her words, Agneya disappeared from her chamber using the portal. 

Rashmi got silent and just laid down on her bed and closed the white transparent curtain on all sides of the bed.  Slowly her tears fell reminiscing the past as well as the present.  The food remains untouched. 

On the other hand, Agneya was angry and crashed a vase to vent off his anger.  At this moment, Agni really missed his parents as he was not able to think anything.  He didn't want to share these personal issues with anyone over here.