chapter six

Four year time skip.

These past four years have been perfect, absolutely perfect. I reunited with my family after years and was able to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen in ages. Also, I missed speaking Spanish with actual Latin people.

Although it wasn't easy, with the help of my loved ones and a lot of therapy, I managed to overcome that horrible night in the bar and after much talk with my family I decided that I was going to return to the United States to continue my modelling career. After all, I stopped modelling and came to Argentina when I was the highest paid model in the world, not that it mattered much to me at the time.

"Chau, ma (Bye, mom)" I smiled and hugged my mother.

"Te vamos a extrañar, Y/n (We're gonna miss you, Y/n)" She said as her eyes watered.

"No llores, mamá. Voy a volver mas seguido, te juro (Don't cry, mom. I'm going to come back more often, i swear)" I hugged her one more time and did the same to my dad.

"Te amamos, Y/n. Llamanos cuando aterrices! (We love you, Y/n. Call us when you land!)" My dad yelled as I walked towards immigration.

"Los amo! (I love you!)" I shouted and blew them a kiss.

Something I love about my country is that the paparazzi are not as annoying as in the States, they respect people more so I didn't have to worry about false news in the media or any of that shit. I'm sure that my friends read things about me in Argentina and I also kept in touch with most of them, well all except Kendall.

Anyway, another reason I was coming back to the USA was for Kylie's 26th birthday. I talked to Bella and Hailey and we arranged for me to surprise her for her birthday party so I was super excited to see my best friend again.

After a 15-hour flight, I finally landed in Los Angeles. Security gave me my luggage and I walked to the private part of the airport so that the paparazzi wouldn't know that I had arrived yet. I had on a large sweatshirt and baggy jeans with a cap and black glasses so that no one would recognize me.

"Oh my gosh!" I heard a high pitch scream and turned around to find Bella and Hailey waiting for me by their car.

"My babies!" I ran and hugged my friend.

"You're so pretty and skinny," Hailey said, hugging me again.

"I can't believe you're back!" Bella grabbed my waist and kissed my cheek.

"I know, I missed you girls so much"

"Come on, let's get you to your house"

The three of us got into Hailey's car and they took me to my old house which I hadn't sold, too many memories. We talked all the way to my house, they updated me on everything that happened in these last 4 years.

"...Yeah, and Kendall-" Hailey was cut off by her friend.

"Hailey," Bella said, looking at her to shut up.

"No, it's okay. What about Kendall?" I asked, looking back where Hailey was from the passenger seat.

"Well, she and Devin Booker started dating. They're keeping it a secret, that's why it's not on social media and shit but they are," Hailey said.

"Cool, I heard he's nice," I said, unbothered. They looked at me in shock and then back at each other. "What? I mean it's been 4 years" I explained.

"Okay, so um... What about you?" Bella asked.

"Mm, I'm still single. I mean, I've been with people in Argentina but nothing serious. It was kinda hard after that night so,"

"I'm sorry, baby" Bella grabbed my hand which was resting on my leg.

"Don't worry, Bells" I replied and gave her a reassuring smile.

They left me at my house and I took a nap to rest for tonight. A couple of hours later I woke up and called my glam team, whom I hadn't seen for a long time, and we started glam as we caught up.

I wore a Marc Jacobs baby blue kind of  transparent dress, which had a very revealing v-neckline. I had my hair down and a light make up. I felt sexy and pretty and most importantly, I felt confident.

I thanked my glam team and left my house. Security drove me to the party, which was on a yacht because it's Kylie's birthday, of course. I got there about an hour late to make sure all my friends were already there. To be honest, I was kind of nervous because I haven't seen these girls in a long long time but then again I missed them too much not to go so I took a deep breath and got out of the car.

"Thanks, J" I waved at my driver John who smiled at me and drove off.

I walked into the yacht and saw Bella who smiled and winked at me. I then saw Kylie who had her back to me and was talking to her sister Kim. I bit my lower lip and smiled at my friend.

"Hello, birthday girl," I smiled, making Kylie and the other girls turn at me.

"Oh my fucking god!" Ky screamed and ran to my arms. I hugged her tightly as she filled my face with kisses. "Oh my god, oh my god. I missed you so much!" She squealed, hugging my waist.

"I missed you too, baby! You look so gorgeous" I replied, kissing her cheek. "Happy birthday!"

When Kylie released me, I greeted all my friends who I missed more than I realised.

"I'm so happy you're happy, Y/n. And you look beautiful" Gigi said, giving me another hug.

"Thanks Gi and I can't believe you had a baby, congratulations" I smiled. Gigi's face lit up when mentioning her daughter, she's so cute.

"Hey" A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw her. She hadn't changed a bit, I mean yeah, her hair was longer and she was a bit taller but she looked just as beautiful as she had four years ago, maybe even more.

"Hi" I smiled. "You look pretty"

"Thanks, you too," She smiled back. "Can we, um, talk?" Kendall asked in a shy tone.

"Of course, I'll be right back" I excused myself and followed Kendall to the stern of the yacht.

"How've you been?" Ken asked. I leaned on the railing and looked at the dark sea.

"Good, I missed my family" I replied with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm happy for you, Y/n" The model replied. I missed hearing her say my name.

"How about you? I heard you're with Booker" I said.

Kendall met my gaze surprisedly but hid it by looking at the sky, I did the same.

"Mhm, we started dating a few months ago" She said.

"Well, I'm happy that you're happy, Kenny" I touched her arm which made her look at me.

"Yeah," She whispered. "I missed you, though" She smiled and I bit my inner cheek.

"Yeah, I missed you too," I said looking back at the sky. Kendalls hand grabbed mine which was on the railing. I looked at her and I noticed her glassy eyes. "Kenny..."

I grabbed her hand tighter and hugged her, I hugged the girl I missed most in the world. She hugged me back immediately and I kissed her cheek.

"It's okay" I smiled as we let go of each other.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I just really missed you" She wiped a tear from her cheek and returned the smile. "Let's go get a drink," Kendall said.

"Yeah" I chuckled and we both walked to the bar.