chapter twenty three

The fashion week concluded once Kendall closed the Marc Jacobs runway. Ken and I wanted to attend the after party but our flight was at 3am so we could only stay for a little while. Neither of us decided to drink so we could leave quickly for the airport, and so we did.

I fell fast asleep snuggled up to my girlfriend on the jet, she rubbed my back under my shirt with a white blanket that hugged us. When we landed, Kendall gently woke me up but let me continue sleeping in the car on the way home. I don't know why I was so tired, all I wanted to do was get into my bed and sleep for the rest of the day and that's what I felt like I did.

I woke up totally lost and not knowing where I was since I slept most of the trip. I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed my phone to check the time. I cursed under my breath when I saw the screen. 10:42pm. I put the phone down and got up from the bed.

Kendall was not in the room, nor in the kitchen, nor in the living room. Just as I was about to give up and call her, I felt something brush against my leg.

"Oh, hey boy" I smiled, patting Pyro's head. "Where's your mom?"

The dog rubbed against my legs and walked away. I followed him outside and I found my girlfriend sitting on the outdoor sofa, she was looking at the moon with a cigarette in her hand. As I walked closer to her, Kendall turned her loving gaze towards me.

"Hi sleepy" Ken smiled, moving to the side of the couch and giving me space to sit with her.

"Hey" I beamed. The model placed her hand on my leg and stroked me gently. "Did you get any sleep?"

"Mhm, a little bit on the plane and then a few hours here" She answered, taking the last drag of the cigarette and spraying a mint spray into her mouth.

"I hate being jet lagged," I complained, stretching out and snuggling into her chest.

"I know, I'm not tired at all and it's almost twelve o'clock" Ken hugged me and kissed my head. We stayed in silence for a little while. "Do you want to have a midnight breakfast with me?"

I met her gaze and kissed her lips passionately, surprisingly, she didn't taste like cigarettes at all. Kendall rarely smoked but when she did she always took care of her personal hygiene so it seemed like she didn't.

"Of course, baby," I smiled.

"Let's go then" Kendall stood up and picked me up in her arms.

I giggled and tried to get off but the model took me to the living room couch, threw me on the cushions and went to the kitchen.

"Kendall!" I chuckled and ran after her, scaring her from behind.

"Oh my god!" She laughed, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me against her body. I giggled as Kendall gazed into my eyes with a dumb smile on her lips. "I love you" Ken sweetly said.

"Make me pancakes, then" I playfully demanded.

"Hey!" She complained with a cute frown. "You're so mean"

"I'm sorry, baby" I smiled. "Love of my life, can you pretty please make me pancakes? I love you so, so much" I asked, kissing her lips.

"Mmm.." She acted as if she was thinking and I rolled my eyes. "Okay" Kendall smiled, hugging my waist tightly.

"Thank you, Kenny" I kissed her cheek loudly and sat on the counter as I watched my girlfriend cook my pancakes.

We ate while talking about our trip and fell asleep shortly after only to wake up at 12pm the next day.

"Coffee?" Ken asked, handing me a cup.

"Thanks" I smiled and pecked her cheek. "I can't believe we woke up so late"

"Yeah, but we both needed to rest," She replied as I nodded.

"Hey, so I was thinking, what do you want to do this year for your birthday? It's only in a couple of days" I asked, sitting down on the table with two plates with scrambled eggs. Kendall sat in front of me and put a bite in her mouth.

"I don't know, I kinda want this year to be chill. Maybe lunch with family and dinner with friends" Ken replied. "Halloween kinda feels like my birthday party anyway"

"And have you thought about our costumes?" I asked.

"Were we matching this year?" She asked with a shy smile.

"Baby, it's our first Halloween together after four years, of course we're matching" I reassured her.

"Okay" She beamed with a dumb smile.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Nothing"

"No, tell me" Kendall watched me stand up and sit across her lap. I gently put a stand of hair behind her ear and met her loving gaze.

"Fine. It's just I'm really, really happy you're here with me because I love you" Ken said as I admired her beautiful brown eyes.

"I'm in love with you" I smiled. "And I wouldn't want to be anywhere in the world but right here with you" I said, cupping her cheek.

Kendall scrunched her nose cutely and leaned in to give me a loving kiss. When we parted, Ken slapped my ass which made me chuckle.

"Sorry, I love you and your ass" The brunette said tenderly as if she was saying the sweetest things ever.

"Shut up" I giggled and kissed her lips once more but this time more passionately. Our make out session was interrupted by my phone ringing. I picked it up but kept kissing my girlfriend."He-hey, Hails" I said, between kisses.

"Babe, are you with Ken?" She asked.

"Mhm'' I hummed, "She's here"

"Okay, can you guys-"

"Love birds, you're on speaker. Stop making out and come to my place" Kylie interrupted her friend who was laughing in the background.

I stopped kissing Kendall because I couldn't hold my laughter.

"Okay, give us a few minutes and we'll be there" I replied as I felt Kendalls grip on my waist get tightened.

"We'll be there in more than a few minutes. We're gonna fuck and then get going. Bye Hailey, bye Kyles'' Kendall said, taking me by surprise and making me scoff, suppressing a laugh.

"Kendall!-" Kylie was cut off by her sister who ended the call, picked me up and carried me to the room.