Chapter:Four

Shane's P.O.V

"Are you ready son they're waiting for you , you know that everyone has to be present when Sean is finding his mate and it's not like you can hide in your room forever son "I know papa is right but I can't stop feeling nervous,today if Sean finds his mate I'm going to be his beta and I can't stop feeling not good enough.
"Dad I don't think I'm ready for all of this ,you know me and Sean are not best of friends...and  I don't know if things will work out between us ,I just don't want to let everyone down"
To be honest my main worry right now is the responsibilities that I'll get after taking over as beta I've seen how my dad has had to work hard and was always ready to defend his pack against everything or anyone ."you'll be a great beta son I know you don't see that but you have great potential, anyways I'd like to stay here and give all the motivation you need but we have to get going everyone is waiting"and with that that left my room ."You can do it Shane now let's go "i said to myself as I walk out of my room heading downstairs.
The moment I alighted the last step a strong coffee and mint scent hit my nose  and my wolf was going crazy urging me to follow the scent before I could take a step I caught sight of a pair of bright red eyes glowing and immediately MATE ! MINE ! MATE ! my wolf growled and the same with none Sean fucking Williams.
This can't be happening ,how is this even possible,I'm supposed to be his beta not his fucking mate for crying out loud.I can't believe the moon goddess could do this to me why does it have to be him?.I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt warmth that sent sparks down my spine ,Sean is now embracing me and I'm too shocked to react .To be honest I feel numb .
He grabs my hand and leads us to the podium where everyone was clapping and congratulating us ."Well congratulations to Sean and Shane ,this is indeed a rare match but we all know that together they will be great leaders and with that I want to wish them all the best ,now that we  don't have a beta I'll have to postpone the mating ceremony .You will be informed when the ceremony will happen after a new beta has been chosen so enjoy the rest of the night and once again congratulations to the new couple."
And with that alpha Derick alighted the stage as music blast through the room and everyone was now dancing.Sean drags me outside pushing past drunk Wolves."Hey Shane are you ok ,please talk to me?I know this is shocking to you but I want you to know that I'm happy that you're my mate ,hey..please answer me ,are you going to reject me...please don't....I... really do want you to be Luna ..I know it sounds crazy but.."
Luna? Is he fucking kidding me right now ,I've trained almost all my life to be a beta and he has the guts to call me his Luna ,is this his way of showing me how weak I am ?"Well let me tell you something Sean I'm not your fucking mate and let this be last time you call me your fucking Luna so get that into your thick skull there's no way I'm submitting to you not in this life !" I spat but he looked hurt which got me confused I mean doesn't he hate me the same way I hate him ,fuck why is he looking at me like that ,fuck the mate bond  .
I walked inside the house past drunk teenagers who were grinding their bodies against each other ,some congratulating me but now all I want is to disappear and forget that Sean is my mate .I wish this is a dream and that tomorrow I'll wake up as the beta I'm supposed to be .