chapter twenty four

"everyone wants him that was my crime-" I blink open my eyes and hear Joao singing Taylor swift as he dries his hair.

I start laughing and he turns around, his hair all in his face, with his great big grinn.

"hello" he says "I'm not gay" I laugh again. After I finish freshening up me and Joao both go to the kitchen together.

"goodmorning guys" Joao says as we go to yasmina and pablo

"its snowing so do you guys wanna go to like outside after breakfast with us" Pablo says

"its snowing!" my eyes widen. I haven't seen snow in like a gagillion years so this is something that I love.

I run outside, I'm still in my pajamas so the cold is a bit of a jump scare but I pick up a hand full of snow and smile at it for a while.

I turn back and see Joao, shivering behind me, the same big smile.

"come inside its cold- once we finish eating we can stay here all day" his teeth chatter. I chuckle and run to him, he puts his arm around me and we go back inside.

"have you never seen snow?" Joao chuckles eating his cereal

"no I have but like in 2006 so it doesn't even count" I say "I remember Ruben fell into the snow and then the girl he liked looked at him and walked past and then he cried" I laugh.

"AHH AND THIS ONE TIME IT WAS SNOWING IN WHEREVER THEY WERE AND BERNARDO SENT A VIDEO OF RUBEN TRYING TO DO A BACKFLIP AND HE FELL OVER AND LET OUT THE MOST GIRL SCREAM EVER" yasmina laughs.

We all continue laughing and eating, until we finish and go to put snow appropriate clothes on. I put a bunch of puffers over myself and then finally waddle out of the room and outside with Joao.

When we finally get to the snow I jump in and embarrassingly get stuck.

Yasmina just laughs at me while she's with Pablo so I flip her off and wait for Joao to help me.

"Ahahahha" he laughs seeing my buried in the snow.

"Help me" my teeth chatter. He laughs as he gently gives me his hands and helps me up.

——

We all finish playing in the snow and since I'm getting too cold Joao makes me go inside but he also comes with me.

"I'm fine-" my voice cracks

"One puffer is not enough meu amor" he chuckles wrapping the blanket over me and lifting me off the couch and into the bed.

After taking his snow clothes off he comes and lays beside me, wrapping his arms firmly around me.

"Can I ask you a question?" He says kissing the top of my head

"why did you stay with him?" he asks. He's obviously talking about Adriano.

"Well I he was my first everything and I was just too attached" I say playing with his hands

"Even after he did all that to you?" He asks

"Yep I mean- not to sound desperate but i like wanted to be with someone I guess and you know, he was right there" I shrug

"Oh" he sighs. But he changes the topic and we continue talking about other stuff.

We talk about our childhoods, pretty much everything, work, friends, it's like he's my best friend (after Yasmina)

I hear a ding from his phone, he picks it up and starts staring at it. I look at him awkwardly, what if its-

He notices my expression and moves in a way so that the phone is in front of me and he is behind.

"don't worry-tudo o que preciso é de ti" he kisses behind my ear

"lamento-confio em ti, lamento" I say watching him write an email back to his agent. He stops typing for a second and sits up to look at me.

"nao esta tudo bem, Não me importo de provar nada amor" he says with a smile. I smile and face away from his phone and facing him and wrap my arms around him.

He finally puts his phone down and rolls so that I lay on top of him. I sit up and he intertwines our fingers.

We look into each others eyes until I get shy and start laughing and break it.

"tao timida" he chuckles pulling me down to him and kissing me. The kiss goes on for a while, like a while a while.

His hands let go of my hands and go to my back. 

"not cold anymore ey?" he chuckles as we pull away briefly for air. I leave a small smile on my lips as we continue kissing.

His hands trail around my back, slowly they go up my hoodie and his fingers fiddle with my bra. I don't know what happens but it makes me jump and I get off him.

"you okay?" he asks turning on his side, still catching his breathe

"yeah uh I don't know what happened" I say feeling awkward. 

"we can keep going its fine-" I say

"no- I can tell you aren't ready, see your fists are clenched and if it doesn't feel natural then its not the time" he says

"sorry i-" I say

"amor amor amor, don't be sorry, Im in no rush, I'm fine just cuddling and talking okay? I'm not some animal" he laughs hugging me "now come lets go have dinner"

I smile as he kisses my forehead and we get out of bed. Yasmina and Pablo are in their own world so we just grab some pasta that just came outta nowhere and watch tv together.

🗝

this is shit!

have a good day/night and don't forget to vote!

---

ryanaldo