04

irl

solone's nerves grew as she walked into the coffee shop. her nose and cheeks flush from the cold 20-minute walk from her home. her hands were slightly shaking as she pulled the door open. the rush of wind blowing down on the girl, pushing more stains of hair out of the girl's braided hair. solone looked around the shop. not even 5 people stood in the shop, unlike the 30 inside the day before. the girl looked around, picking at her nail bed as she looked around for the raven-haired boy. her heart was sinking as she couldn't find him.

"woah." solone heard the familiar voice. solone smiled as she slowly turned around, facing the boy behind her. he stood a distance away. he's eyes studied the girl. he looked nice. solone thought. he wore a pair of dark-wash jeans and a letterman jacket. his last name written on the back proudly,
"hi," solone smiled, walking up to him. the closer she got to him, the shorter she became. sadly, at the age of 12, when solone hit her last growth spurt and was the tallest in her 6th grade class, it was ironically short-lived because by 7th grade everyone had passed her and solone stayed at her wopping 5'3.

solone's stomach sank as the boy's eyes shifted to her face, and he studied her like a book. solones hand brushed at her cheeks. "is there something on my face?" she joked, worriedly wiping her face. "no, you're just really pretty." solone's cold, chapped cheeks warmed.

"crazy, i was going to say the same to you." solone said it honestly. he was very pretty. "come on." solone grabbed onto connor's hand. dragging him over to where the line was to get the drinks. solone looked at the menu on the wall in front of them, but connor was too busy looking at her.

solone walked up to the counter, and the barista asked what she could get started on for her. "can i get a warm caramel cap with vanilla bean, please?" solone smiled at the woman. solone gave connor a look, telling him to order. solone slowly began to dig into her brown coat's big pocket, bringing her navy blue wallet out. her starting to unzip it before the wallet was taken from her hands and placed back in her coat pocket. "make it two of those, please." before solone could object, connor's card was already processing in the reader. "really, connor," solone whined. her slowly following behind him.

"that's not fair; i owed you coffee, not the other way around." solone lightly pushed her shoulder into conner's arm as the two walked away to find a place to sit. "well, i had to have a reason to get to see you again." connor looked from in front of him to the short girl aside from him. her smiling sillily as his comment made her flustered.

them, finding a small spot in a corner of the cafe. the girl looked up from her lap, and the boy sat across from her. her cheeks are still red from the boy's words. "you have a little something right there." connor smiled at the blonde girl. "sun burned in winter?" connor slightly dragged his finger across the girl's cheek, over her nose, and to her other. only making her cheeks blush more. "oh, thank you for noticing the new brand of blush i used." solone spoke sarcastically. "oh, really, and does the name happen to be connor noon? i heard it's the best type," the boy asked, tilting his head to the side.

solone rolled her eyes, placing her face in the elbow of her brown coat. her trying to hide her blush. "solone!" the girl lifted her head up, seeing the barista place the drinks down. "i'll be back." solone stood, walking over to grab the two drinks from the counter.