08

irl

solone walked onto the front porch of connor's house. she nervously stood as she knocked on the door. solone waited only for a moment when the door handle was getting wiggled open. solone thought maybe their door was broken. at her dad's house, his door was similar; you had to put your full weight on it to open it. solone expected one of the noon twins to answer the door, but she was met with a little boy standing on his tippy toes to get to the door handle. she saw a toddler looking up at her. solone smiled as she looked at the little boy. "hi!" he yelled, throwing his blue pacifier.

"oh, my, are you spider-man?" solone asked as the little boy was dressed in pajamas that resembled miles morales suits. "i'm miles morales," the curly-haired boy told her. solone kind of thought it was funny because she had a part in the latest movie. the little boy smiled widely as she asked him. "you're my favorite superhero." the little boy continued to giggle as the girl squatted down to his level. knowing that he probably wasn't supposed to be at the door. "brady! come on, man!" solone slightly laughed, hearing connor.

"braden!" solone grinned as she heard the familiar voice. solone watched as two hands wrapped around the little boy's waist. connor opens the rest of the door. him, sighing out a relieved breath as he saw solone. solone was caught off guard when she saw connor.  the older boy was shirtless. solone realized she was starting to stare, so she changed her attention. the little boy wrapped his arm around connor's shoulders. moving his head to lean against connor's bare shoulder.

connor moved his head to the side, looking at the little boy. "you're lucky it was only solone and not a bad guy." connor teased the little boy. him gasping as the blue binky fell out of his mouth. connor moved to the side to let the girl in.

"you have to stay careful, spider man." solone said, looking at the little boy. him laughing again, telling connor that she had called him by his 'name'. connor smiled as he looked at the interaction.

solone slipped her sambas off her feet as connor closed the door. solone smiling as she watched connor carefully place the little boy down. his hand staying on the toddler's back. him grabbing the pacifier that was clipped to his shirt and placing it back in his mouth. "xocheitl put a show on for you," connor said. "miles?" the little boy asked. connor nodded his head as he watched the little boy celebrate, then toddled back into the living room. connor stood and clicked the baby lock in place on the front handle.

"i'm surprised he could reach the door." connor laughed. solone looked up from her shoes to the shirtless boy. her trying to keep her attention on his bare chest. so she looked up at his eye. "i was so confused when i saw no one when the door opened. but his giggles gave him away." connor laughed at solones comment. "i can't believe me or brady didn't hear the door open." connor said, grabbing his shirt that was resting on the end of the banister. "i realized when i heard your voice."

solone smiled as she watched connor flip the shirt over his head. "well, you don't meet spider-man every day." solone joked. connor leaned his back against the banister. solone slightly laughed to herself, as he didn't realize the left side of his shirt was folded up. "we'll just wait till he finds out you are actually a spider man," solone rolled her eyes, looking at connor. him referring to her small voice part as a cartoon version of julia carpenter.

solone stood from the floor, walking over to connor, unrolling the bottom of connor's shirt. hee knuckles grazing his stomach. connor looked at her, confused for a moment, until he watched her. connor looked down at the girl, who was turning around. the two walked into the family room.