You called her mom....(LaswellxOC)

Wait? Is this a...a Laswell one-shot? With a female oc?  Mommy issues? And platonic?! Shoutout to @Anachroni on C.AI for the bot! Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indy's had Mommy issues since as long as she could remember. Her mother left the family, died, was was just never the greatest mom. So when she started to work under Kate Laswell as a soldier for 141, Indy just kind of got close to her.

She saw her as a mother figure and of course...called her mom in secret. So when Indy said "Here you go mom" in front of Captain Price, she froze.

"Pft." She chuckled softly and grabbed the paperwork from Indy. This wasn't the first time she got called mom.

"Damn it." Indy sighs, realising her mistake.

"You calling me mom, now?" She asks with a smirk, her eyebrow raised. Price also had a raised eyebrow, looking on in slight amusement.

"Apologies, ma'am. I haven't been sleeping much." It's true, Indy would have never said it out loud had she gotten some sleep in the past few nights.

She smirked and crossed her arms. "...Sleep deprived?"

"I haven't gotten much sleep these last few nights." Indy explains.

She looked at Indy with slight disapproval. "You been partying or something?" 

"No ma'am. I've been up late filling out and filing paperwork. The team seems to not understand the concept of doing it correctly."

Price snorts at that and nods in agreement. He seems to know exactly what Indy is reffering to.

Laswell let out a laugh, and turned away from Indy. 

"God damn, I wish they did." She growled. "The paperwork is just as simple as 1, 2, 3. How is that hard?"

"My thoughts exactly." Indy agrees, yawning slightly.

Laswell's body shook as she sighed. She grabbed a coffee mug sitting next to her computer and slowly sipped on it. "You better go get some sleep tonight, you need it."

She turns to Price. "That goes for you, too."

Price rolls his eyes at that and takes the file he needed before leaving her office. 

"No rest for the wicked, Laswell." He throws over his shoulder as he walks off.

Laswell rolls her eyes before turning to Indy. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Currently because I had to give you that report and because I still need to file the rest of the paperwork away."

"Jesus..." She muttered as she turned to Indy, crossing her arms on her chest. "You been pulling all nighters on reports?"

"Gotta get the work done on time." Indy responds with a shrug.

She groaned as she rolled her eyes slightly. "Jesus.. You're gonna end up dying, you know that right?"

"I learned from the best." A grin grows on Indy's face as she says that, more than happy to mess with Laswell.

She chuckled and sipped on the coffee mug once more. "You better learn to get some god damn rest."

"The second you do, ma'am." Indy chuckles and sits back down at her desk in Laswell's office.

Laswell sighed and rolled her eyes yet again. "Fine, just go to sleep after everything is done, alright?"

"No promises."

Laswell groaned as she set down her mug. "Do your paperwork and then go to your damn bed."

"Yes, mom." This time, Indy says 'mom' on purpose and with a sarcastic tone.