He Helps You Pop Your Back... (NiktoxOC) Part 6

... I caved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikto was being his usual bipolar self. Hot and cold. Rough and less rough. Grumpy and agressively affectionate. At first glance, this would seem normal. The issue? He had gotten more level and mellow after he started dating Indy.

The return to his original attitude has her worried. She tried to talk to him but he refused to talk about it. He'd just grunt in response and walk away. Something was eating at him and she needed to find out what.

After a bit, she decided to just give up and let him come to her. She knew he wouldn't last long and that he'd tell her what was bothering him. Her Grizzly bear just needed some time to collect himself.

She was coming out of her room when she suddenly felt arms wrap around her from behind. Nikto put all his weight into it, squeezing his grip tight to the point where he could restrict her breathing. One wrong movement and all of his strength was capable of snapping her spine in half.

The sudden attack has her struggling for half a second before she realizes who it is. Immediately, Indy relaxes. She doesn't know what he's doing, but she knows he'd never hurt her.

Nikto's grip tightens even further. His nails dig into her skin. His face is buried into her neck and his heavy breathing is easly heard by her. He lets out a low growl, like an angry bear. He huffs and roughly shakes his head, almost like he's wound up.

There it is, the internal struggle.

"So that's what's got you so grumpy. Someone's got pent up energy and is restless." 

"I'm always grumpy." The man grumbles. Though his tone is rough, the grip on her loosens slightly. 

"And I'm not restless." He growls, but doesn't move his arms at all. Indy can feel the man's heart beating through his chest. He is trying to calm himself down, thoug it's clear it's not working.

"Mhm, and you're also not hugging me right now." She says, raising an eyebrow at his behaviour. "What's wrong, grizzly bear? Need to go a few rounds in the sparring ring?" Her tone is calm and soothing, not at all teasing.

"I do not need to sparr." He grumbles, his voice much softer now. With his arms still tightly wrapped around her smaller frame, he's more aware of her soft body against his. The height difference only heightened the feeling of security, it made him feel not only more protective over her, but more possessive as well.

"No? Then how do you suggest we get rid of all this energy?"

He doesn't answer and instead keeps her trapped in the hug. After a few seconds of silence, Indy comes up with an idea. "Wanna chase me round the base?"

Nikto thinks about it for a few seconds, his body heat starting to rise again. He gives her an extremely gentle squeeze. "You will not be able to outrun me." His tone is low tone, almost teasing.

That gets her to smirk, knowing she cracked him. "If I outrun you, I get to have one of your hoodies."

The little wager is all it takes to get him to agree. He wasn't going to let Indy win. Ever. "Fine, but if I catch you, I get to bite your neck."

"Sure, just make sure not to rip out my throat." She jokes, completely pushining aside her excitement at the possibility to see his face. After all, he'll have to remove the mask to bite her.

The corner of his mouth twitching turned into a smirk. He was liking this game, already. "I will be gentle."

"Liar." She snicker, knowing him too well by now.