2: Introducing Marcellus

Present Time

2000

A sixteen-year-old named Marcellus White is taking a stroll down the streets of Philadelphia. He's a handsome young lad and is always willing to help someone. When you see Marcellus, you usually might see him with a smile on his face. He's a happy kind of guy his friends sometimes ask him why is he so happy? And his reply to them every time is 'what's not to be happy about? I'm alive, you're alive and I know Jesus is with me.'

They sometimes give him a weird look and continue on with whatever they were doing. Yeah, Marcellus is a Christian and his friends are not. You might wonder why is he friends with unbelievers? Well to answer that question Marcellus and his current friends been friends with each other ever since kindergarten so he grew up with them.

When you know someone for that long it's kind of hard to just get up and leave unless you really need to for some reason. Marcellus grew up in a Christian household and he tried telling his four friends the Gospel and they patiently listened but that's it they just listened. 

Marcellus is happy that they at least listened because a seed was planted, now God will do the rest. The sixteen-year-old prays for them every day and has faith that one day they will accept the truth. That was back in middle school, and he has noticed some changes from then to now with them being in there junior year of high school.

"What a beautiful day." Marcellus says as he looked all around him from up at the sky to everything that's around him. Each person he passed he greeted them cheerfully. 

*Ring Ring*

His feet stopped walking and his hand reached in pocket pulling out his cellphone. He answered, "Hello." He said in a cheerfully way.

"Marcellus where are you?" 

"Dad, I'm just in the middle of taking my morning walk." He told his father.

"Okay, your mother was a little worried since we didn't know where you went. When you get home, we will most likely not be home."

"Oh, dad tell mom I'm okay and I will always be okay no matter what happens." 

"That's what I keep telling her, but you know she's a worrier." Marcellus heard his father let out a soft laugh.

"She needs to stop worrying, it's bad for her health. Can you please hand the phone over to mama, please." He politely asked his father.

Marcello passed the phone to his wife.

"Hello, Marcellus?" Jenny spoke in the home phone.

"Mom, don't worry I'm safe and I have the Lord with me so I'm fine."  Marcellus told his mother.

"I know it just that when your father and I woke up you weren't home, and we both are going to leave and won't back until tomorrow night."

"You remember to always give your worries to God, and he will give you peace. Anyway, where is dad taking you for Valetine Day tomorrow." 

Jenny laughed at her son's curiosity, "I don't even know he said we are going to stay at a hotel and he has something romantic planned for the two of us." She smiled thinking about her husband could have planned.

"I'm sure it will be amazing." Jenny can something in her son's voice that makes her think he knows something. "Do you know something?" She questioned.

"I'm not saying a word."  She can image him smirking on the other side of the phone.

"Okay, well stay safe and we'll call you tonight before bed."