22: New Friends

2009

When Jaziel return home from his first day of school he immediately told his dad want happened at school. He ran in the house to put his school bag down then he dashed back out running to the field where his father said he'll probably be.

"Dad! Dad!"

Marcellus hanging out with cows in the field when he heard his son calling for him. He looked to see his six-year-old coming his way with excitement written on his face. "Jaziel, you look like you have news." Jaziel caught his breath before he spoke, "Yeah, so guess what we have a new teacher in my class."

"A new teacher? Huh, I guess you both were new together." Marcellus chuckled.

"Yes, but you know them."

Marcellus looked at his son surprised, "I do?" He questioned.

"Does an Anthony Hawkin's ring a bell?" 

"What?" Marcellus looked at his son confused, "Anthony's your teacher? My friend that I haven't seen in years?" Jaziel nodded his head, "Yup, and he's pretty cool, just like the stories you told me and Giselle. We spend most of the class time getting to know each other, oh! I also made a friend his name is Christian!" Jaziel spoke as he went to pet the cow that's eating the nice green grass.

"Well sounds like you had a fun day." Marcellus stood up, "I'm going to go and make a phone call. Think you can take care of the cows while I'm gone?"

"Yes, sir!" The boy saluted his father. 

Marcellus ruffled his son's hair and walked back home to make the phone call.

The Weekend

Marcellus decided to take his kids and Christian to the small park that's near the farm. "Okay, you kids go play and I'll be sitting here on the bench. Remember if a stranger tries to talk to you don't talk back, come to me because?" He paused for them to finish the sentence, "STRANGER DANGER EXIST." His kids yelled and Christian nodded agreeing.

"Sadly yes, now go and have fun." He smiled and they ran to the playground equipment. Marcellus sat down and got comfortable on the bench keeping his eyes on the four- and six-year-olds he looked to his side to see Anthony sit down next to him. "Why didn't you tell us you got married and to our childhood friend Nora?" Marcellus grinned at his old friend.

Anthony shrugged, "We got married at the court and then moved here for my current job."

"Have you heard from the others?"

"Nope. The last time I seen Zack was in California, Elijah's my best friend so we do keep in touch here's currently working on a Christian game for kids and is living in New York, um and I haven't heard from Ethan at all since college." Anthony sighed. 

"Yeah, same I hope he's okay." Marcellus frowned. 

"Hey, I'm sure he's fine, have faith God is with him." Anthony comforted his friend.

"Yeah, I trust in God, and he did leave to travel the world with his family and to preach the Gospel." Marcellus watched the kids play on the jungle gym. "Anyway, when did you wear glasses?" He asked Anthony.

"I wore contacts before, I used to be embarrassed to wear them but got made me more confident to now wear my glasses in public."

Marcellus nodded.

Jaziel, Christian, and Giselle are playing tag and this pale boy with shaggy black hair walked up to them. "Hi, my names Michael and my family just moved here. Can I play with you?" His green eyes had hope in them. Jaziel walked up to him with a big smile on his face, "Sure, more the merrier my names Jaziel and this is my little Giselle." He pointed to his sister who is hiding behind Christian. "And this is-" Christian cut him off, "Jaziel, I can introduce myself, thank you." The ginger boy said as politely as he could to his friend because he doesn't like people talking for him.