19: Goodbye By Philadelphia

2009

The White Family Residence

The car is packed and Marcellus, Francesca and the kids are saying bye to Marcello and Jenny before hit the road. Jenny hugged her grandson and daughter while sobbing her eyes out, "I'm going to miss you two." She cried.

"Grandmom, it's okay we'll keep in touch." Jaziel told her when they pulled apart. She laughed nodding, "I'm sure we will, oh Jaziel you have always been a smart kid just like your father when he was your age." Jenny said patting the six-year-old head.

Giselle jumped into her grandfather's arms and hugged him tightly, "Pop-pop I love you." The older White chuckled, "I love you too, little one."

"Time to go kids, Grandma Marinette is waiting." Francesca says walking up to them. Jaziel and Giselle said bye to their grandparents and went to get in the car while their parents stayed behind to talk to them.

"We'll call you when we arrive there." Marcellus them giving them both a hug. Marcello smiled, "I'm proud of you son." He gave him a pat on the back. "My sweetie baby boy, I'll miss you being here in the house. I just know God is using you for great things and now your friends are also believers." She lets out a breathtaking sigh, "Praise God."

"God gets all the glory his Will, will be done." Marcellus smiled.

"I'm excited to see what God has instore for those two little ones." 

The four adults agreed laughing and again Marcellus spoke, "I'll get the car started." He walked to the car leaving his wife alone with his parents. Jenny looked at her daughter in law, "Francesca, I'm so happy that our son met you and now we have two sweet grandchildren who are being raised by two loving parents in the faith."

"Marcellus has always been a happy person growing up he has Jesus in his life, and he knows that Jesus is the only one who can save him and make him happy. But you brought something out of him that we haven't seen in a while." Marcello spoke smiling at his daughter in law.

A smile spread across Francesca face, "I thank our Heavenly Father for bringing us together. I prayed for him to bring someone new into my life but didn't think the person he would bring into my life would be the man I would end up marrying." She giggled remembering when she first laid eyes on her husband.

The older married couple smiled.

"I'm also happy to have met the two of you." Jenny went in for another hug before they parted ways. "I love you." She whispered into her long-braided hair.

"Love you too." 

Francesca waved bye and went to get into the passenger seat since Marcellus in the driver's side.

Two Doves Diner

They pulled up to the small diner that is owned by Francesca's mother. Marcellus parked the car and him and Francesca and the kids got out. The kids ran in the diner yelling for Marinette having everyone's attention be turned on them and the Marcellus and Francesca. 

Francesca said 'sorry' as she quickly followed behind her six- and four-year-old. Marcellus just nodded and smiled at everyone slowly following behind his wife who entered the kitchen. Marcellus walked into the kitchen to Jaziel and Giselle hugging Marinette.

"It won't be the same around here without you all." Marinette pouted.

"I know mama, but this will be good for Marcellus and the kids." Francesca tried to assure her mother. "What about you?"

"What about me?" 

"What will you be doing there? Will you find a job, or will you be a stay-at-home mom and wife?" Marinette asked her daughter worried. "Well, there's nothing wrong with my beautiful wife staying at home if she wants to but if she wants to work, she can do that too." Marcellus said putting his arm around his wife's waist.

Francesca looked from her husband to her mother, "Marcellus and I already agreed that I can work along aside him in his business."

"Think you mean our business." He said pulling her closer to him causing her to giggle, "Your idea." She replied grinning up at him. Marinette couldn't help but smile seeing how in love the young couple is. "I'll pray for you to have a safe trip and that you all have a happy and blessed life." Marcellus and Francesca softly smiled at the woman.

"Thank you, mama." Francesca hugged the shorter woman. "My sweet girl." the woman said hugging back. Francesca let go and stepped back so Marcellus can give her hug. "Thank you for treating me like family since the day we met."

"Thank you for making my daughter happy."

Before they left Francesca said 'bye' to her two friends Holly and Skylar then they got back in the car. Marcellus started the car, "Okay, final destination."

"TEXAS." The kids screamed.

"Inside voices." Francesca softly scolded them.

"Texas!" They repeated a little more quietly this time making the two adults laugh.

"Wait!?" Giselle abruptly said startling everyone.

"What?"

"What about Uncle Gabriel?" She innocently questioned.

Marcellus chuckled, "Honey, we said bye to Gabriel last week because he went on a trip with his family. Remember?"

"Oooh... now I remember." She said and played with her stuffed bunny.

Jaziel looked out the window and watched them pass the Philadelphia sign. 

"Goodbye by Philadelphia." The boy quietly said to himself. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Thoughts?