13: Moving?

Flashback

"Rachel?" 

"Yes, Franny?"

"Do you think we'll always be friends?"

"What kind of question is that? Franny we are like sisters of course we'll always be friends."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

End of Flashback 

Seventeen-year-old Rachel stood outside of her best friend's house. 

Flashback

"How do you know?" A Six-year-old Francesca asked.

"Because I believe that it doesn't matter where are in the world and how far apart, we are, we will forever be friends." Rachel told her best friend.

Francesca grinned and gave Rachel a big hug, "Wouldn't it be so cool when we grow up and get married if we live next to each other."

"Yeah! But remember that God has a plan for our lives, and that might not happen."

"We can dream right?" Francesca shrugged after pulling away from the hug.

"Yes, but like we said we'll always be friends no matter what and God's Will, will be done." 

"Right! And whatever God has planned for our lives we will do it!"

"YES."

"I love you Rach."

"I love you too, Franny."

End of Flashback

2000

Rachel walked up the steps to the front door of the Blackman's house. She takes a deep breath and let it out, "Okay, I can do this, she's my best friend we known each other for years." Rachel finally calmed her nerves and ranged the doorbell.

"I got it ma!" Francesca yelled to her mother who's in the dining room. Francesca opened the door and smiled when she sees Rachel. "Rach!" The African American girl hugged her best friend. Rachel hugged back, "Hi."

"You didn't tell me you were coming today. What up? H-" Francesca paused and frowned, "What's wrong?" She asked seeing the look on the girl's face. 

Rachel breathed in and out, "Can I come in?"

"Ah, of course, come in, come in." Francesca lets her in the house. "Do you want something to drink?" 

Rachel shook her head 'no' and sat down sadly on the couch. Franny nervously sat on the couch beside her and carefully watched her movements. Rachel kept looking down at her hands not looking Franny in her eyes.

"I'm moving."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm moving." She said louder causing Francesca to gasp in shock. "But why?" 

"My dad got a new job in Canada and my mother, and I are going with him. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I was just scared on how you'll act."

"So, that's why you've been acting weird?"

Rachel nodded.

Francesca sighed then smiled, "I'm not mad, Rach."

Rachel looked at her surprised, "You're not?"

"No. You're my best friend and I love you. I was worried when you kept going off somewhere. You remember what we talked about when we were kids?"

"Yes." Rachel nods and smiled.

"No matter where we are we'll always be friends."

They both stood up and hugged one another.

"I'll write to you." 

"When are you leaving?"

"Uh, tonight." Rachel says.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, have a safe trip to your new home and we'll meet up again someday."

"Yes, we will."

"Rachel remember even when times are rough, and things don't seem to be going right. Trust in God and let him light your way. Praise God in the good times and the bad times, God... Is... In... Control and he'll work things out for your good."

"God bless you, Franny. We'll be sisters forever!"

Franny agreed and Rachel said bye to Marinette and then left to go home to pack the rest of her luggage for the move.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

God Bless You :)

Trust in God, he has a plan for your life.

You Have a Purpose :)

Thoughts?

NIV

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.