4: Two Doves Diner

2000

The Next Day

Valentine's Day

Marcellus White woke up in the bed that he slept in from in his friend's house. The boy sat up and stretched, "I'm blessed to be alive, thank you God." He says and sits there in bed with his eyes closed enjoying being in the presence of God.

After a while he decided to start his day. He didn't have any clothes with him, so Ethan let him borrow some of his clothes. When the sixteen-year-old finished brushing his teeth he grinned in the mirror showing his teeth looking now nice and clean.

Marcellus left the bathroom and went to the kitchen and saw Mrs. Richmon and Ethan cooking breakfast. "Morning." He smiled walking inside and sat down in a chair at the table. "How was your sleep?" Mrs. Richmon asked as Ethan said 'Morning.'

"My sleep was great." The boy says cheerfully. "How was yours?"

"I slept great-" She started to say but then they heard a groan and turned to look at Ethan. 

"I burned the eggs and bacon." He turned around to look at both his friend and mother. Mrs. Richmon chuckled, "Well, I guess we can go out to eat." She said looking at both the teen boys. Ethan pouted looking down at his burnt meal, "I guess I'm not a cook." He sighed.

Marcellus stands up, "Ethan don't worry you just need to practice more and then you'll get better." He told his friend. He then looked at the woman in front of him, "I think going out together and getting some fresh air will be nice."

Mrs. Richmon was about to leave the kitchen to get ready to leave the house.

"Before we leave, I think we should pray first." Marcellus told them. Mrs. Richmon looked at her son to see him already looking at her. She looked back at the young boy and gave him a small smile and nodded, "Okay, we'll do that I just need to get my things and then we'll pray."

Marcellus nodded and let her leave the kitchen. Ethan threw away the burnt food and went to sit down at the table. Marcellus sat next down next to him, "Did you talk to the guys?" 

"No." Ethan said and then glanced at him, "Did you?"

He shook his head, "Nope, maybe we can all hang out together after lunch."

"Yeah, we can all hang out at the park like usual." The seventeen-year-old shrugged with his arms crossed. Marcellus observed the way the older boy was acting and asked, "Ethan, are you okay?" He calmly asked him.

The older boy looked at his younger friend but didn't say anything.

Mrs. Richmon came walking back in the kitchen, "Okay, I'm ready."

Marcellus smiled, "Now we can all pray."

The woman sat down across from him, and they all closed their eyes. Marcellus started, "Father God, we want to thank you for being with us. You are our provider and I love you. I'm here with Ethan and his mother Heather Richmon, we are about leave the house and God I pray that while we'll outside we are safe and that you guide us to where you want us to be, In Jesus Mighty Name we pray, amen!" He finished.

"Amen!" Ethan and his mother said in agreement.

Marcellus grinned opening in his eyes and when they all stood up and walked out in the living room, he grabbed his jacket, and they left the house and walked to Mrs. Richmon's car. They got in and she started the car, "Off to The Two Dove Diner!" She cheered putting her seat belt on.

They arrived at the small diner and thankfully not that many cars which means it the place isn't full. Marcellus was the first to get out of the car and he stared at the diner. Ethan got out shutting the car door and looked at his friend tilting his head.

"Mar, you, okay?"

"I've never been here before." He spoke.

"What? You've never been to Two Dove Diner before."

The boy shook his head, "Nope, I didn't even know it existed."

Ethan and Mrs. Richmon eyes widened in shock because the place is well known by people around their neighborhood so how can he not know about it.

"Uh, this place is pretty well known around here." The older boy let his friend know. "Oh, well a first time for everything, right?" Marcellus laughed walking to the door of the diner. The three of them entered the diner and was greeted by a red-haired girl.

"Welcome to the Two Doves Diner!"

"Thank you." Marcellus nodded her way and Ethan and Mrs. Richmon followed him to a booth. Marcellus sat down across from both his friend and his friend's mother. A waitress walked up to them with a bright smile on her face. The sixteen-year-old looked up at her she wasn't the one that greeted them when they came entered the place. She is an African American with long wavy black hair and brown eyes, Marcellus noticed that she is either the same age or a year older than him.

Her smile is the most beautiful smile Marcellus has ever seen or at least that's what the boy believes. "Hi, my names Francesca but you can call me Franny, what can I get for you?" She said in a happy cheerful voice.

Mrs. Richmon smiled at the girl, "You are a beautiful young lady." The older woman complimented. Francesca giggled, "Thank you mam."

"Uh, I would like strawberry pancakes with eggs." Ethan says putting down the menu. Francesca wrote it down, "Anything to drink?"

"Orange juice. Please."

She nodded and looked to the woman who said, "I would the same thing with a cup of coffee, please."

"Okay, and you sir?" She asked looking at Marcellus. Marcellus grinned and picked up his menu opening it up and his eyes skimmed through the menu until his eyes landed on something, "Miss Franny, I would like bacon and an omelet with a glass of water, please." He grinned looking up at her with his dark brown eyes.

Francesca cheeks turned red a little, she nods her head after finishing writing down their order, "Okay, I'll get that for you." She smiled and walked away. Marcellus watched as she walked away, he then turned to look at the two in front of him, "What?"

Ethan shakes his head and turns to look out the window smirking. Mrs. Richmon smiled and giggled a little not saying a word either.

Marcellus looked at both of them confused but shook his head thinking to himself.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Thoughts?

God Bless You :)