14: A Proposal

2000

Graduation day, the day where parents cry because their child is growing up or the day where parents can't wait until their kid leaves the house and goes off to college. A day where teenagers are ready to leave home and go out on their own or a day where teenagers are scared to leave their parents and have to go somewhere new and unfamiliar, but that is a part of growing up.

Francesca is in her room getting ready to go graduation. She is sitting in front of mirror putting on makeup. Francesca doesn't that much makeup or any really, she believes it's better to be natural, but she wears some on occasion like today.

Marinette entered her daughter's bedroom, "Franny, are you ready?"

"I'm touching up my makeup." She tells her mother, "Aww Fran, you don't need to put on makeup. You are a beautiful young lady, and I know Marcellus like you just the way you are." Marinette told her daughter as she walked over to her putting both hands on her shoulder.

"Mama, I'm doing this for my graduation not to impress anybody. You know I don't normally wear makeup or a lot of it only on special events. And I'm fully aware how Marcie feels about me, he is such a gentleman." The teen girl softly sighed.

The woman chuckled at how her teen daughter looked when she talked about the boy she is courting. Francesca looked at her mother through the mirror, "Mama, can you do my hair please?" Marinette smiled, "Of course, sweetheart."

Marinette brushed her daughter's hair then quickly styled it. "Okay, time to go, don't want you to be late." Marinette said. Franny nodded and her and her mother left the house.

"Dad, do you think she'll say yes?"

"Marcellus, she agreed for you two court each other. Son I'm positive that she'll say yes." Marcello chuckled.

"I agree with your father honey. When you brought her over for dinner that one time, I can tell she loves you." Jenny told her son.

Marcellus grinned listening to his talk about Francesca. He's happy that they approve because if they didn't this whole situation would be awkward, God chose her to be his wife and in the short amount of time of knowing her, he fell, and he fell hard.

"You're right, I never proposed to someone before."

"Good thing, with your age and marriage is supposed to be until death do you part." Jenny said with a serious tone to her voice. The sixteen-year-old nodded, "I know."

Marcello looked in the rearview mirror, "Son, ever since you were young you have always been mature for your age. But if someone had asked me years ago that my son was going to be courting someone at the age of sixteen?" The man paused, "I would have probably said what? No way. But here we are, and I see that God has big plans for your life."

"Thanks dad, for being supportive."

"I love you son."

Anthony is sitting on the bleachers chewing on piece of gum with his hands in his robe. Someone tapped him on the shoulder he looked up to see Francesca smiling down at him. He smiled, "Franny, what's up?"

"Is it okay if I sit next to you? I don't really have any other friends here beside Rachel, but she moved away a few days ago." She sheepishly asked.

"Sure, here." He scooted over to give her room on the bleacher. "So, what are your plans after school?"

She shrugged, "I don't know really. I guess I'm just going to wait for Marcellus to graduate and we can start our life together." She smiled at the thought of her and her husband to be starting a life together.